Chapter 15: Prelude

ابدأ من البداية

I nod, Sora nods.

"Hehe, glad you understand..." Exusiai says before lying down.

A few seconds later, she's totally knocked out.

Sora and I just look at her for a bit, until I get up.

Sora watches me from the couch, "What are you doing?"

"Getting a drink and cleaning up after the girls." I say as read the bottles, making sure I don't accidentally drink something too strong.

Eventually, I pour myself a cup and walk over to the TV.

I turn off the game console and keep the TV on for light.

The controllers, the console itself, the junk food wrappers, and all the empty cans get put away.

I throw some blankets on top of Exusiai and Croissant while I'm at it.

After about 10 minutes, I finish everything and turn off the TV.

...

The only thing allowing me to see and not step on top of girls is the dim moonlight from the window.

"Sora?" I ask, seeing if she's still awake.

"...Yes?" She responds, sounding extremely tired.

"Do you think you have enough energy to walk to the beds? Or do you just want to sleep on the couch?" I say.

I can see her thinking about it for a couple seconds.

"I'd rather stay here." She answers, "I think I would step on Exusiai if I got up anyways."

She is barely able to chuckle at the thought.

"Are you gonna go to the beds?" Sora asks me.

"Do you want me to?" I respond.

"No"

...

Guess I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight.

I grab two blankets from the chair next to the TV and walk over toward Sora.

I delicately make sure to step in between Exusiai and Croissant.

After a bit, I get through and lay on the left of the couch. I fold the first blanket into a makeshift pillow and rest my head on it.

...

Sora scoots over and rests her head on me.

I take the second blanket and put it over the two of us.

We stay there for a while, and I slowly begin to close my eyes.

...

...

...

"Hey Az?" Sora says.

"Yeah?" I say, beginning to feel tired myself.

"I just wanted to say..." She takes a deep breath, almost hesitating, "Thank you for everything you've done, really."

She opens her mouth as if she wants to say something else, but closes it before anything comes out.

Before I get the chance to respond, I can feel her body fully fall into mine, showing that she's just fallen asleep.

...

I sigh to myself.

...

I told myself before that this relationship can't last.

As much as I want to avoid it, I have to acknowledge that Sora likes me.

I mean, look at us.

We're sleeping under the same blanket, she's using my chest as her pillow.