248.Sullying Our Reputation

“Everyone has seen and heard her speak.” Dong Yuzhu responded furiously.

“I originally planned on quietly urging Lisa to drop out. She was the one who was shameless and insisted on clarifying the situation. In that case, I will speak honestly. I received news that for the sake of getting Lisa into Jing Hua University, an unknown man paid over a hundred million dollars. That man is both powerful and influential, but has no blood relations with Lisa. Everyone, a hundred million dollars is not a small sum. If there wasn’t anything that couldn’t be said, why would she intentionally conceal this matter?”

“Wow…” All the students standing with their necks stretched in the hallway were astonished. Their gaze turned complicated towards Lisa.

“I never expected Lisa to be someone like this. She must be kept by some man…” One of the students commented.

Someone immediately responded. “She’s so ugly and so fat. Why would someone pay over a hundred million dollars… Is that man blind?”

“I bet that man is a pervert and prefers this sort of fat and ugly girl…”

Eunha was similarly watching the commotion. She smirked in pleasure. The progression of events were absolutely in line with her goals.

This time, Lisa’s reputation was truly utterly tarnished!

Lisa was unaffected by the students’ discussions. “Teacher Dong, where did that information come from?”

Lisa knew without a doubt that this trouble was stirred by Lilan.

The other reason she had listened to Dong Yuzhu’s recommendation in her last life was because she had been half-threatened and half-forced by Lilan.

This was because she did not actually score well enough to enter Jing Hua University, but somehow came to study here.

But it had always been a secret.

Initially, no one knew about it. Lilan had repeatedly prodded her about it and out of her foolish filial piety, she had confided everything in Lilan.

She never expected Lilan to turn around and threaten her with the matter.

Lilan had claimed that if she was disobedient, she would spread news about the shady ways she had entered the university. By then, all the students would surely misunderstand her and she would never be able to show her face in Jing Hua University again.

Although in the past, she never wanted to fight with her mother, there were still occasions where she held a different opinion. It was this threat that kept her obedient.

Last night, Lilan had similarly sought her out for a discussion. She had claimed that she was seriously angered by her recent behaviour.

Lilan had threatened that if she did not obediently ask Jungkook to return the money that he took away from the Lee family, she would have no one but herself to blame for the consequences.

But Lisa had refused to give in.

It turned out that Lilan’s so-called ‘consequence’ was to spread this matter through Dong Yuzhu’s lips.

She was trying to make her lose her status as a student here!

“Since someone shared the news with me, I naturally won’t betray them.” Dong Yuzhu made herself sound especially righteous when she responded.

Lisa tested her with her words. “My mom must have given you the information. Taking her money and slandering me, is that appropriate?”

Both the teachers and students were once more taken aback.

“Teacher Dong was bribed? It can’t be?”

“I don’t believe she’s someone like that…”

Dong Yuzhu immediately raged and ranted. “Lalisa, don’t spout nonsense! I didn’t take any money from your mother! Yes, Lilan was the one who told me about this matter.”

She then brought out her phone and tapped on it, opening her text conversation with Lilan.

She first showed it to several other teachers before waving it slowly to the students by the door and windows. “Did you all see this? Lilan, who is Lisa’s mother, personally told me about this matter. How could it be false? For the sake of concealing this matter, Lilan even transferred eight hundred dollars to me. As a teacher, I have to maintain a good character. As everyone can tell from our conversation, I rejected her money.”

“It really seems like so.” Several teachers in the office nodded along.

Dong Yuzhu continued speaking in a serious manner. “Lalisa is being kept by a man and has used his dirty money to be here. Our Jing Hua University has always valued moral character. She is sullying our beautiful reputation with her actions. Not to mention, her grades are also atrocious. Shouldn’t she be fired from the school?”