8: Home

"Noona instead of moving to a place by yourself, why not live with us?" Everyone stopped eating and looked at Taehyung. They've all agreed Hyejin would stay in her own place for a few good reasons.

"Tae you know I can't. First off, you guys are idols so we don't need to start something. Second of all, I'm a girl. I don't really want to be living with all of you. Lastly, I would like a place to myself. Considering I've been in a closet, having my own place is a huge upgrade."

"Okay, you have a point there Noona."

"Of course Tae, you're free to visit."

"What about us?" Jimin said as he was covering his mouth full of food. "Yeah you guys can come too."

______________________________________________

After dinner, Taehyung walked Hyejin back to her place. It was a comfortable, silent walk between the two siblings.

"So Tae, how is mom?"

"She's doing fine. I haven't told her yet about you though,"

"It might be best if you don't."

"Why not Noona? She'd be happy to know you're okay. Every time I asked about you she wouldn't tell me anything. Just brush it off then go elsewhere."

"That's probably because she feels guilty. A mother who couldn't protect her own children so the child had to do it."

"I guess...do you hate mom?"

"No...I don't know. I haven't thought about it in the past 10 years. Only thing that I really, truly worried about was you. Yes, mom did stuff for me and all but when Dad grabbed the knife. She didn't know what to do so I stepped in. Remember, I was only 8 at the time. But I was smart for my age since I knew what was going on."

"Psh, you say that about yourself now but you're oblivious to some things."

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

"Well I'm not going to say anything because you're so smart." He teased her and she rolled her eyes. They made it to her door.

"Well Tae I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Okay, goodnight Noona."

______________________________________________

Hyejin was about to go into a deep sleep when she heard a pounding on the door. She was scared to answer it but knew she had to. Before getting up she called Taehyung, hoping he'd answer.

"I'm sorry, the person you are trying -"

Then she called Yoongi, who thankfully stays up from time to time. "Hello?"

"Yoongi someone is pounding on my door."

Yoongi was in his room trying to work on his music when Hyejin called. He checked the time on his clock, 11:30pm. "Quietly check the peephole and let me know who you see."

"Okay." She began to tiptoe and mentally thanking Yoongi for getting her an apartment with tile floors. The pounding was still going on but Hyejin stayed silent through it all. Looking through, she saw a complete stranger.

Backing away, she began to tell Yoongi. "Okay don't do anything. I'm coming over."

"What? No. You might get hurt because of me. Let's just wait, maybe they'll leave on their own."

"Fine. But if they're not gone in 2 minutes I'm walking over with the other guys."

"Okay." Hyejin stood quietly on the other side of the door as she watched the stranger. They were standing still as well, trying to listen for anything. She then held her breath, worried if they could hear her.