Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Bria's POV

"Have you ever been to a party?" I asked Harry as we were walking out of the dorm building. 

I was still pissed that we were going, but I guess I couldn't complain all that much since I had been saying that I wanted to go to the party tonight instead, I just wasn't thinking that if I did go tonight that it would be with Harry. 

"I guess I've been to a few..." he trailed off, and I think we both knew that any party Harry's gone to, even he's even been to one, wasn't going to be like a frat house party.

I bet the only kind of party Harry's been to is a lame birthday party or some crap like that.

"Well anyway I think I'm just going to warn you now," I didn't say exactly what I was warning him about since who knew what was going to happen and I didn't know what was going to bother him or what wouldn't.

I honestly just wasn't sure how he was going to handle everything going on at the party. Does he even drink? I doubted it, but it felt a bit weird to me to ask him right now but I'd figure out soon enough when someone at the party offered him a drink because I knew someone would. 

I hoped that he wouldn't just drink out of peer pressure because he really doesn't have anything to prove to anyone of those people at the party. I figured that I should say these things to him instead of just thinking them in my head, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. 

I didn't want him to think I cared too much or that I was too worried about him going to the party. Me telling him that I don't think he's cut out for this type of party could just hurt his self-esteem I'm assuming.

I'm sure he already had that idea, but I didn't want to get that thought even more drilled into his head because he shouldn't come off as nervous when he gets to the party because that will just make things a whole lot worse than they probably are already going to be for him. 

We walked over to Harry's truck that was parked in the dorm parking lot, and began to head to the frat house. 

Of course Harry had no idea where the house was, so I tried my best to give him directions to the best of my abilities. I usually didn't have to worry about the directions to the frat house since I usually had someone else driving me, so I did my best to tell Harry where to go. 

Thankfully I remembered enough of the surroundings to make it to where we needed to be. 

The party had already started when we got there, so we had to park a bit further away from the house than I normally am. Harry followed me down the street and up into the house.

I was contemplating whether or not I should head over to where my friends were. I wanted to go sit with them, but on the other hand I knew Harry may not, and more importantly at that, I didn't need shit from anyone else who would be sitting over there when I came over with Harry.

I had a feeling someone in my usual group at the party would end up finding Harry and I anyway so I might as well go over there myself. I wished that I could just ditch Harry, but I knew there were so many reasons why I couldn't do that. He'd be like a scared and lost puppy in one of these parties on his own. 

Once we had stepped into the house, I grabbed Harry's wrist and pulled him with me through all the people, telling him not to talk to anyone no matter what. Half the people here were creeps.

I heard a few people who noticed Harry here and knew who he was and they shouted out a few things like that had when Harry's friend Lacey had come here for the first party of the semester. Huge mistake on her part coming here by herself. 

We made it across the house, and the couches that everyone I knew sat on were now in sight. 

"Hey," I mumbled as I walked up and sat down next to Avery on the couch. 

She didn't respond, she just looked back and forth between me and Harry with a shocked yet confused look on her face and I could tell she just wasn't quite sure what to say right now. 

I'm positive that nobody expected me to show up to the party with Harry, especially those who knew that I was supposed to go bowling with him tonight. 

"You made him come to the party?" Avery angrily whispered to me. 

"He wanted to come," I whispered back. 

She looked over at Harry and he just gave her a small smile and then she looked away, not saying anything else. Scott and Caleb were too drunk to really notice yet that Harry was here, and Zayn had an unreadable look on his face, but I knew that he observed that Harry and I were both here, he just hadn't said anything, and he usually doesn't. 

"Girls, have shot," Louis said, "And boy," he had a tray in his hand that was filled with shot glasses that contained a drink I'd never seen before. 

Avery picked one up and sniffed it, "What is it?" 

"I call it a Galactic Blaster," he said and laughed, "But basically its just vodka, lemon juice, and sugar," he handed both me and Harry one, and then Scott and Caleb came over and grabbed one too. 

"To Bria!" Scott shouts, now realizing that I was here, "And Harry!" I rolled my eyes. 

"To life, the universe, and everything!" Louis joined in. There was no doubt that all the guys were drunk already, and I was a bit surprised that Avery wasn't. 

The vodka made my eyes sting, but the shot made me feel warm inside. It surprisingly tasted a lot better than I thought it was going to. I noticed Harry had drunken his yet and I offered to take it from him, but he quickly refused and then gulped it down himself. 

His face cringed up enough to where he looked ridiculous, but yet he accepted the shot again when Louis had offered him another one and gulped it down. Judging by Harry's reaction to the first shot, it was obvious that he never really drinks, that wasn't the only reason, but it was one of them, but I knew that just those two shots were going to affect him a lot more than they would me. 

As the party went on, I stopped Harry after his third shot. Just the way he was handling it all made it seem like he was forcing himself to drink just to fit in and it looked like he really didn't want to continue drinking, especially since he didn't complain when I went ahead and stopped him because Louis was just going to be offering him shot after shot. 

So now Harry and I were just sitting on the couch with Avery, watching Scott and Caleb tell ridiculous stories that were only entertaining because they were drunk. 

The good thing about the alcohol was that Harry seemed more relaxed and a lot less nervous, and I was wondering if I should take that to me advantage tonight or not.