⁵⁵ : pretty

"what are you doing?" jeonghan asked, staring at seungcheol who was currently offering a hand out for him to take.

"the ground's slippery," he said, pressing his feet deeper into the soil to ensure that he wouldn't slip should jeonghan take his hand. "i don't want to be liable for any injury of yours."

jeonghan rolled his eyes but gently placed his hand in seungcheols', the god holding his hand tightly as he helped him make his way up the slope.

a cold breeze flew by, jeonghan shuddering slightly as his free hand rushed to zip his jacket all the way up before hiding in his pocket.

after a short while, they arrived at the valley jeonghan had wanted to visit and although it was beautiful with the shimmering lake and the colourful flowers, seungcheol couldn't keep his eyes away from the princess.

with the rays of sun peeking in through the gaps in the towering trees, jeonghan truly looked like an angel. and despite how often he saw jeonghan from classes to student council, he always felt as though his breath hitched every time he looked his way.

as annoyed as he was to admit it, yoon jeonghan always, always, captured his attention.

"hades? you can let go of my hand now." his voice snapped seungcheol out of his momentary daze but instead, he found himself staring straight into jeonghans' eyes, immediately letting go of his hand and distancing himself. "what's with the overreaction?"

"it's not an overreaction," seungcheol huffed, quickly walking over to a sunny spot by the river and sitting down, ignoring the heat rushing into his face.

as he glared at the water, he felt jeonghan settle himself down next to him. from the corner of his eyes, he saw him pull his legs towards himself, hugging them tightly as he hid his fingers inside his jacket.

with only the sound of running water and birds chirping being heard, seungcheol focused his magic and smiled when hand warmers appeared.

"blondie," he started, jeonghan humming in response as he watched the clouds. "give me your hand."

jeonghan turned to look at him. "do you like holding my hand hades-"

seungcheol grabbed jeonghans' hand and placed the hand warmer on his palm, closing his hand into a fist.

jeonghan looked at the hand warmer, a soft smile appearing on his face. "for someone that hates me, you do a lot for me hades."

"i don't hate you."

"i know — it's just easier to say that you do," jeonghan said, picking a flower and twirling it around. "you know...i asked you a while back why you hated me and you've never given me a proper answer. mind giving me one now?"

he weighed his options. either he tell him now and face whatever judgement or he keep it from him and prolong whatever strange tension they had.

in the end, he chose the former.

"i've seen you before school started. it was in some clothing shop and i overheard you say that villains don't deserve happy endings while you do," seungcheol paused, biting his lip and unsure if he should explain further.

if it were any other person, seungcheol knew he wouldn't give a damn about their words. but because it was jeonghan, he couldn't just ignore it.

with a sigh, he decided to continue. "actually, i've known of you even before that incident."

he remembered it as though it were yesterday.

the current weather was similar to how it was then with the only difference being that they were mere high schoolers when he first saw him.