The Past And Present | A Sasuke One-Shot |

Focusing the chakra to her feet the young ANBU from the village Hidden in the Leave pushed herself from the floor of the woods up onto one of the giant redwood tree's branches. These giants seemed to rule this region.

The chirping of the lightening of the distant but dangerous enemy was nearing. Flinging from tree to tree gripping brances as splinters push their way into the palms of the frantic female. This mission was a total failure from the start. The young girl cursed the Hokage for even thinking this mission would work.

The female's chakra reserves were running low. It was a shame that the medic had been lost early on in the mission. That should have been their sign that everything would end in utter disaster and it was all her fault. Hearing the splashes of running water, the female hones in on her surrounds determing that the sound was coming from a waterfall about a mile away. Hiding there would be the only thing that would save her at this point.

A jolt of fear serges through every single pore in her body. His dark ominous chakra was nearing too close for comfort. Those eyes of his would be her downfall. Nothing in the world scared her more than the abilities of those eyes. She had personally seen what those black flames could do. The burn scars that encased her right arm began to sting as if once again engulfed in those flames; the colour of the loneliness that matched his own heart.

The sound of her pounding heart rang long and hard in her ears. It drown out the sound of the roaring waterfall that only inches away would be concealing her from being seen by the cruel outside world. The water beat down onto her bare arms, lowering her body temperature so hopefully his large snake like companions won't find her.

"You Leaf Ninja are nothing but scum." His cool, emotionless voice said, freezing the girl in her shoes. How long had he been there?

Grabbing a kunai from out of her weapon bag, she extended her arm and swipped her blade towards his body which Sasuke easily dodged.

Sasuke took ahold of the female's wrist with one hand causing the kunai to fall lifelessly onto the wet Earth and the other took ahold of the female's throat. These Leaf ninja have no idea what they're getting into.

Gasping for air, she could feel her feet leave the ground. He was going to end her life. Grabbing at his hand, she began to kick her feet trying to somehow get away from him.

"Now to see that pretty face, behind that mask." Sasuke scoffed mocking her. No old friend, sensai, or random ninja from that dying village would end him. Yanking off the mask Sasuke froze. Ayane Moto was the one struggling in his grasp.

- - -

"Sasuke!" Ayane screamed as she watched Sasuke leave the valley were he and Naruto had just got done fighting to the death. It didn't need to come to this.Naruto laid at her feet motionless. How could this happen. Sasuke didn't stop and didn't falter in his steps. "Sasuke, please.." she whispered as her voice cracked. Something made the raven hair male pause. "Please just come back with me.. Everyone's here for you.. I'm here for you.." tears finally began to pour from Ayane's eyes.

"I have choosen my path, Ayane. Nothing will stop me from reaching my goal; however... you could come with me." Sasuke said turning his head so that Ayane could see the crimson eyes that he knew she feared all too well.
- - -

The Uchiha tightened his grasp on the female. Tears stung Ayane's eyes, as she watched the man she onced loved so dearly trying to end her life. She began to rack her brain on some how to escape.

Bringing her left hand to her mouth, forming her hand into the correct postions and focused the rest of her chakra to the pit of her stomach. The back of her throat began to burn before she yelled out, "Poison Fog Jutsu!"

Sasuke let out a frustrated groan and released his hold on the female, covering his mouth. He bit down onto his bottom lip, he forced himself away from the scene. Why had it been her?

- - -

"Ayane-chan!" The five year old Sasuke Uchiha yelled at his bestest friend in the whole world. The brown haired girl just giggled and ran away from the boy. "Come on it's not funny anymore!" Sasuke called out once he lost sight of his small friend. They had traveled into the woods and Sasuke usually never traveled this far alone. He was scared.

"Baaaaahhh!!" Ayane yelled out, jumping onto the back of her raven haired friend. Unable to keep his balance, Sasuke tumbled over as tears swelled in the corners of his eyes. "Sasuke, what's wrong?"

" I was scared." Sasuke whimpered. Ayane cocked her head to the side, she had never seen Sasuke behave like such a baby.

"Don't worry I won't let anyone hurt you, Sasuke-kun." Ayane said pulling Sasuke into the biggest bear hug she could muster up.

- - -

Ayane pushed herself. She had to make it back to the village somehow. The old Sasuke was dead and had been replaced with a hollow shell of what he once was. Memories clouded her mind. Deep down she knew, that she had been dying to see him one last time. Choking back her tears, she leaned her whole weight against a tree. It had been hours since she had last seen him; still she knew it wasn't over yet.

Sasuke was keeping a close eye on Ayane. She was too weak to help herself if anyone attacked her. Sasuke didn't know what it was, but a part of him still cared for her. He wawn't going to let anything bad happen to her again.