Chapter Ten - Wasted

Chapter Ten

Wasted

   The rest of my holiday was spent tanning and paddling. I still had fun though. When we got home, the first thing I did - after unpacking - was go to Nat's. He answered the door and looked at my arm. "Should I ask?" He said, raising an eye brow as a soft grin sat on his lips.

"I'll tell you in a few days. What Sal knows is that I tripped and fell. Okay?" I said.

"Yep. So, good holiday?"

"Great. After three days of bliss, I got a cast and was restricted from swimming, couldn't wash my own hair and found showering awkward. Oh, and I will have a mega dodgy tan line, now I'll have to use fake tan until it fades." I pouted. He grinned.

"Umm, I got the postcard. Loved it."

"Good. Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I got you a present." I smiled at him.

   When I had organised my camping slash drinking event, I got Sal to get me some alcohol and me and my friends put the tent up in some disused field. As we sat on the grass swigging from bottles, Nat came and sat next to me. He kissed me on the cheek and said "Y'alright, babes?" I grinned and nodded. We all drank tons and then we got into our tents (it had four different sections that zipped off), and decided to go to sleep. I was sharing with Nat and, well, that night we got up to some things that friends shouldn't do before passing out.

   When we woke up, we had no idea of what happened and had killer headaches. After we packed the tent away, we walked to the road and got picked up by Sal and Louisa's brother. As we piled into the cars, Frances whispered in my ear "Did you and Nat have fun?" I looked at her confused. "Well, it sounded like you had some fun. Say 'goodbye' to your virginity, hun." My head shot around to meet her eyes, my own wide. I bit my lip and was silent the whole drive home.

As we were about to drop Nat off, I said "Sal, stop at the park. Me and Nat are going to get an ice cream." I looked at him and widened my eyes, hinting to him. He winked at me. Sal dropped us off at the park and we headed for the hill that was covered with trees. We sat under the trees and I told him what Frances had said to me. His mouth fell open.

"B...but...we were...we were wasted. We didn't know." Nat said, staring at the ground.

"Y...yeah." I nodded. "It still doesn't change the facts." I whispered.

   That night, I lay in bed and stared at the ceiling, unable to sleep. When I finally fell asleep, it was half three. I woke up with the memory of the camping trip in my mind. I went to my list and crossed off 'Get drunk enough to pass out' from my list. I only had three left. One was do-able but the final two I didn't think I was able to do. While eating breakfast, I thought about how I could do the last two things on my list - if I was able to do them.