Chapter 9 : A Heart to Heart

Chapter 9

I watched as Henry and the Lost Boys were playing some game to test their aim. Now under any normal situation I would play with them, but I just wasn't feeling it today. So I went over to Will to ask him where the extra bow and arrow were kept. After sorting through most of them I found m a bow that felt right in my hand (not to heavy, nor not to light). I went to the targets on the other side of camp that would hopefully be empty seeing as all the boy were off playing that stupid game. I shot the first arrow and it hit the very edge of the target. I'll get the next one, it was  just a fluke nothing to worry about. The second arrow hit the white ring. Oh come on I can do way better than that. I don't know what it is but I need to get my act together. Archery used to come as natural as breathing. I just need to relax and let it happen. I took a deep breath and focused on the target as I exhaled I released the arrow. It only hit the second ring.

"That was pretty good for a first timer."

I walked over to get the arrows "That was horrible especially since that wasn't my first time"

My answer seemed to surprise him "Really? How long have you been doing archery?"

I shrugged "'Bout 7 years now"

"Well then I take it back, why aren't you hitting the bulls-eye?"

"I don't know, stress"

"What could you possibly be stressed about?" Is he serious? How does he even have the nerve to ask me that?"

"Maybe it's the fact that I was kidnapped and brought to this island"

"I thought you were over that" Peter said with a roll of his eyes.

"I am, but then there's the fact that you refuse to let Henry and I out of this stupid camp. I've dreamed about coming to Neverland since I was like 5. And now I'm here and I the only place I've seen is this camp"

"Well where do you want to go?

"I don't know just as long as it's not this camp"

"I think I know the perfect place." Peter said with a slight smirk. He grabbed my hand and lead me back the part of camp where the Lost Boys where. Now if you ever tell Peter I said this I will deny it all, but when he held my hand it felt like it was going to spontaneously combust then add the butterflies that were trying to force their way out my stomach. Basically my body was betraying me.

" I thought you were taking me somewhere?" Our hands were still connected and the longer he held it the hotter the fire grew on not only my hand, but my face and the butterflies became fiercer.

"I am. I just need to tell Felix to watch the boys" as if on cue he spotted the blonde boy and released my hand to go speak with him, leaving me awkwardly standing there waiting for him. When he got back from his little talk he grabbed my hand and teleported us into the middle of nowhere. The only thing there a wall covered in vines straight I front of us.

"What's this supposed to be?" I pointed to the wall.

He pulled back the vines like a curtain "This is the place." We walked inside to a beautiful hidden lagoon. There was a waterfall off to the left, flowers of all different colors in bloom everywhere, and even though it was night fall the mist still created a slight rainbow above the water. Long story short it was breathtakingly beautiful.

I was in such a state of awe the only thing I could mutter was a quiet "Wow"

"I know and you're the only other person that knows about it"