For Better or For Worse.....

Start from the beginning

"You do, mommy you do!"

"I have to leave darling, but... I love you". She tried to stand up, but I pulled her, I hung onto her.

"No! Don't leave mommy, I want to be with you, I want to go to your school...I"

"You can't go to my school darling."

"Yes, you say that I'm smart! I can talk good to!"

Breathing heavily she looked down into my eyes, and tried to smile.

"You're to young sweetie."

" I'm old enough, I'm 6!"

My mother just shook her head. " I sorry, please forgive me sweetie, I love you." A strangled sob came out of her lips and she ran down the hall.

I froze, but soon enough, I ran screaming down the hall, yelling for my mother.

To strong arms trapped my arms, and another pair grabbed my legs. I screamed, and violently thrashed, no use.

I was carried down the hall, into a solitary lonely room. Sobbing quietly, I ran for the bed, and threw myself onto it.

For outside I could hear the faint whispers of my captors.

"Poor girl, so young to be left alone."

"Yes, she is so sweet, always dancing and singing..."

"At least she is getting adopted into a good family."

" Yes, it was expected, after all, her mother is only 19."

Chapter Three

"BRIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG!!!!!!!"

Startled, my hazel eyes popped open, and I realized where I was. I sighed, and pressed my cheek against the cool roughness of the wall. Same, drafty apartment. Lazily, I lifted one eye towards my clock. What? Already 10:00??!!!!!

I scrambled to my feet, and nearly rammed straight into the bathroom door. Running back, and forth, chugging coffee, and whipping clothes in every direction, I finally managed to become presentable in a light gray t-shirt, and a pair of plain blue jeans. Pulling on my purple Reeboks, swearing as I did, I reached for the door handle, and fell flat on my face.

"ERR!" No suprise there, I always woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I ran in the direction of the elevator, but then saw some of my pesky neighbours, no doubt, in a bad mood without their morning coffee. Great, I guess there really is no option now. I head towards the direction of the stairs, knowing already it was gonna be a sucky day.

----15 minutes later----

I yanked my uniform on, and slammed my locker. I sent a frantic look towards the clock. Today was officially my date of death.

Walking as quickly as I could, due to the "no running rule", I smoothed down my blouse, and patted my hair, so that I could assure myself that I was presentable.

7 more steps till doom, 6 more steps till doom, 5 more steps till doom, 4 more---

Out of nowhere a boy ran by, and obviously, due to the slick floors, slipped, and with a cry, fell backwards onto my shoes.

"You pervert! get your head away from my feet!" I glared at him, narrowing my eyes to look as intimidating as possible.

Still rubbing his head and grimacing from pain, the boy looked up at me wearily.

He had a soft bed of hair, a shining bronze which was currently tousled, and luminous green eyes so bright, that they stuck out like a pair of sore thumbs from the rest of his face. He was tall, and obviously clumsy, and... in Lisa's standards, I guess he was... "hot", but that wasn't what made my breath catch in my chest.