Chapter Seven

JUNGKOOK

Lmaoooooooo so I realized that Kook's assistant teacher and Eunhwi have the same name: Eun. but Eun doesn't show up much so I'mma just keep it.

- - -

"Have a good day at work, babe," Jimin says as he leans against the kitchen doorway. "You know, kindergartners can be a little harsh sometimes."

Jungkook turns to face him from where he is standing, sipping coffee and scrolling on his phone. "How harsh can they possibly be? They're just little kids."

Jungkook had trained in several different classrooms, but he ultimately wanted to teach middle or high school. He received a scholarship for graduate school but unfortunately, the scholarship was sponsored by Bright Minds Elementary School and one of the requirements is to teach there for at least 2 years. Jungkook didn't like little kids, he preferred working with older ones because he could teach the subject he actually wanted to teach: math. But unfortunately for him, he is stuck with Kinders for now. He doesn't mind it, however, he'll teach them the best he can and enjoy his job.

"You'd be surprised," Jimin answers as he walks toward Jungkook for a kiss. "Just remember to be patient with them."

"Yeah, yeah." Jungkook gives Jimin a peck on the lips before finishing his coffee and grabbing a few mints from the dish on the counter island. Coffee makes his breath smell bad. He grabs his lunch bag from the refrigerator before turning to Jimin and asking how he looks. While during his training, he always dressed himself in business-casual attire, he knew that his kindergarteners would not be interested in him if he dressed so formal. He also wanted to make a great impression on his colleagues and the parents. So he set aside his business clothes and bought a whole new wardrobe. He had to embrace his kindergarten aesthetic and be more casual.

Today, he's clad in a pair of loose-fitting dark green pants being held up by a brown belt. Tucked in the waist is a loose beige shirt with three ducks drawn across his chest. He doesn't like bright colors which would catch a young child's attention, so he had to compromise by buying shirts with cartoons on them.

"You look like a kindergarten teacher," Jimin says and Jungkook doesn't know if it's a compliment or an insult. He takes it as a compliment.

"So I look good?"

"As always, now go, you're making me drool and I can't make you late for your first day of school," Jimin covers his eyes and backs away. Jungkook laughs and rushes after him, grabbing the older man by his waist and giving him one last kiss before making his way out of their apartment.

Jungkook is thankful for Eun, his assistant teacher, who told him that she would get there at 6am to greet parents at 7. So Jungkook had to get there at 7:30 to begin teaching at 8. Despite it being a kindergarten, Jungkook can't help but be excited. He just wants to teach, really and while he has his preferences, as long as the children learn something from him, it'll all be alright. He just hopes the kids like him and that he will be a good teacher for them. He's never particularly enjoyed being around children.

Realizing that it's already 7:15, Jungkook speeds up a little and goes a little over the limit. He slows down when the Bright Minds Elementary School sign appears. There are still a ton of cars lined up waiting to drop their kids off while some parents parked in the visitor section and were either walking their kids in or leaving the building. Jungkook drives around the school to park in the teacher's parking lot and quickly turns his car off before making his way to the building.

He walks to his hall and is happy to see Eun talking to a man and a woman while a little girl hides behind her dad's leg. Just because he doesn't like kids doesn't mean he isn't good with them.