𝟯𝟬 art of catching feelings

𝟯𝟬art of catching feelings

𝟯𝟬
art of catching feelings

  "JJ, relax—" Kiara Carrera pressed the heels of her palms against the blonde boy's chest to keep him from nearly bulldozing into the chateau

  "JJ, relax—" Kiara Carrera pressed the heels of her palms against the blonde boy's chest to keep him from nearly bulldozing into the chateau. "Calm down."

"I am calm." This was JJ's ill attempt at trying to lighten the situation because he was anything but calm — using humor as a coping mechanism and all.

"We already talked about this on the phone, remember?" Kiara continued on to remind him. "She's okay, but she needs to talk to John B and Ellie first before she sees you."

"Mhm, mhm." He hummed, while backpedaling away from the Carrera girl to make way for John B and Ellie while agitatedly raking his hands through his hair.

The Routledge siblings hadn't bolted out of the van like JJ had as soon as they'd pulled up to the chateau, but they finally managed to catch up to him by the time Kiara brought their names up.

"Jeez, J." Kiara shook her head at him once the siblings had disappeared into their home. "You're, like, whipped."

This was Kiara's ill attempt at trying to lighten the situation, but it worked because JJ's face immediately broke out into a momentary smile.

"Is she really okay, though?" He asked on more serious terms.

"Like I said over the phone, Trinity just needs time to sort the truth out. I'm sure she'll reach out to you when she needs you."

That last line made JJ nervous. He wasn't under the impression Trinity needed him for anything. As innocent and doe-eyed as she was, she'd always been independent from what JJ had seen.

But the thing was JJ needed something from her. As corrupt and devilish as he was, he'd always relied on someone else's opinion to see himself as a good guy. He wanted to be more than decent– he wanted to be good and being with Trinity made him feel that way. Being there for her made him feel like the best version of himself.