Chapter 7 ~ Who's gonna back it?

Third Person POV:

It's mad how quickly things can escalate- how quickly they can go from a 2 to a 10 in a matter of minutes.

At that moment, Josh was currently stood in between Chrissy and some of Ramone's guys, who had been harassing Chrissy. Some were doing so because they had beef with Chris, not yet aware of his presence at the motive, and the rest had felt disrespected by Josh walking out on their 'meeting'. 

They were in the kitchen, which had been deserted by everyone else, because of what was about to go down. Chrissy was stood panicking with her back against the fridge, whilst clinging on to Josh's arm, as he cussed each of them out for 'tryna beef her like gyal'.

Soon enough, however, Josh got bored of talking, and began to swing, colliding his fist into into a jaw. This gave Chrissy an opportunity to run out of the kitchen, but not before catching a glimpse of Josh serving bangs, and equally receiving them too. 

After asking around, she found her brother in the garden, with a girl on his lap, smoking weed with two other guys.

Immediately when Chris saw his sister's sobbing state, he got up to his feet to her, allowing the girl on his lap to fall to the ground.

"They wouldn't leave me alone, and said it was my fault...and Josh tried to stop them but-"

"Who?"

"I don't- Ramone's boys."

That was enough to get Chris revved up. He had had beef with Ramone for a while for snaking him some time back, so when his sister brought his name up crying Chris didn't hesitate. But to be fair, he didn't need a reason to go after Ramone and his guys.

"Where they?"

"The kitchen."

Chris made his way to them, with Chrissy and the two boys following behind.

On the way, she was stopped by Nat, whom she quickly explained the story to, and before long, Nat was hunting for anyone associated with Josh that she could find, and telling them to go back their friend.

***

"Bro, apply pressure."

"We need to call an ambulance!"

"Nah, it's gonna attract feds."

"He's gonna die-"

"He needs to go hospital!"

"I'll take him, innit. You man handle these lot, tho!"

Those were the last words Josh remembered before losing consciousness. He was still weak from all the beatings he took, and with every passing minute, the blood from the stab wound in his stomach was gushing out, making it seem pointless to even bother applying pressure.

Josh could feel himself slowly giving up the will to live.

*Flashback*

It was a school evening in year 7, and Josh was sat at the table in the kitchen trying to finish the rest of his Maths homework. It was due in for the next day, but Josh had just now began it. Not because he wasn't serious about his learning, or because he was too busy playing games. No, quite the opposite actually. Something else had been occupying Josh's time.

Josh's father's temper was worse than usual, mainly because of the stress at work, and of course, it was his woman and children that were receiving the harsh end of the stick. 

That evening, when Josh's father returned, he instantly started a petty argument over something trivial with his mum. However, Josh's mum knew better than to fall for that trick as responding to him would only add fuel to the fire. So despite all the names he would call her, she kept her head down, stayed quiet, and focused on her house chores...but this only made things worse!