Chapter 21

The Case.

To be honest Claude and i have been real close lately i feel like i should keep my distance now, i dont want to leave regretting something also 3 months from now Diana will appear and he definitely would choose her over me, i wonder why does it... bother me.

Ugh no use thinking to useless thoughts right now the most important thing is that he's happy and Diana is the only person who can do that.

''Veronica is something wrong? you seem troubled.''

''Oh ah Claude, when did you get here?''

''I just got here.''

''Ahh, is that so.''

''May i join you?''

''Sure of course.''

He then took a seat.

''Ava, please bring us more tea.''

''Yes, your majesty.''

She then returned and served them both tea and left.

''So is everything ok?'' , Claude asked.

''Yeah im fine theres just a lot of things going on in my mind lately.''

''What is it?''

''Its not important really just random stuff i guess.''

''Hmm, well if you're troubled you can always talk to me."

She smiled and replied.

''Thanks Claude.''

''Of course.''

They're tea together ended shortly since Veronica had a lot of work to do.

At her chambers......

Honestly the paper works keep pilling up, this might take much longer than expected.

Hours later she pulled out an all nighter so she could finish it.

"Yesss its finally over!.... , what time is it–... what! its already 5:30 in the morning! Well either way atleast im done now, and... i need to sleep."

Sometime later......

He knocked on the door and asked.

''Veronica are you there?''

As Ava came out of Veronica's room she immediately saw him and bowed, ''Oh, blessings to the sun of the empire.''

''Where's Veronica?''

''your majesty, shes currently sleeping right now since she pulled an all nighter last night working.''

He thought, This girl! Ugh!.

''Is that so, then ill take my leave.''

''Yes your majesty'' , she bowed once again.

At Claudes Chambers........

He kept thinking.

Why does she over work herself that much? shes always been like that, its ok if you cant even finish it since those dogs cant look down on you anyway since you're the empress, their just bark but no bite, sigh... ill just punish those bastards who keeps bringing her more work.

''Blessings to the sun of the empire.''

''What!'' , with a clearly angered voice.

Did something happened to his majesty, hes quite angry.

''The meeting is about start.''

Ughh, their all bothersome.

''Fine lets go.''

''Yes your majesty.''

As he arrived all the nobles from the room stood up and sated,       ''blessings to the sun of the empire. ", they then bowed.

He nodded.

''Alright lets start'' , with an angered tone.

It seems like his majesty is in a bad mood.

''Your majesty, may i please start the topic.''

''Yes, go ahead.''

''A lot of reports have said that there's a lot of children that have gone missing, both nobles and commoners.''

''How much do you know about the situation?''

''Well from what has been newly reported to me its mostly young girls who get kidnapped.''

''Is that so, well,... we will further investigate in this matter and ill increase the knights patrolling on empire also continue your own investigation duke, if you find anything report to me immediately.''

''Yes your majesty as you wish.''