𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

Depuis le début

"Blue?" John B called out cautiously, not wanting to be met with a sleep-deprived beast. "You up?" The only thing he heard was a muffled grumble coming from the other side of the decorated door. "Is that a yes or no? Should I proceed with caution?"

"I said, shut the fuck up!"

He sighed, "Caution, it is."

John B walked away and stepped into the living room. His eyes landed on JJ, who was sleeping on his stomach, soft snores escaping his parted lips. The summer heat left the boy to sleep in just his cargo shorts and no shirt, a blanket bunched up at the end on the pull-out, a light gleam of sweat covering his bare skin. The Routledge boy smacked the blond's leg as he passed the couch.

"Yo, JJ, you been outside?"

"I have polio, bro. I can't walk." He mumbled against his pillow, not even bothering to open his eyes.

While John B opened the door and walked outside, Blue was sitting up in her bed, annoyance apparent on her face as she realized there was no point in trying to go back to sleep. She mentally cursed her brother for waking her up and vowed to make him pay for it. Her crankiness hit a new level when she grabbed her phone to check the time and realized the device was practically useless.

Glancing around her small room, she took note of the messy state it was in and knew she couldn't blame a hurricane for the clothes that littered the floor or the scattered books on her nightstand. Nope, that was all her. Blue would prefer for her things to be organized but her chaotic life had other plans. Her walls were cluttered with various posters of her favorite movies, musicians, and pictures of her friends and family. The tiny closet was practically overflowing with the amount of stolen clothes from Kiara and JJ's wardrobes. At the floor, right under the foot of her bed, were the three pairs of shoes that her and the blond boy had painted throughout the last few years. It was a cheap activity that Blue had roped him into, so whenever Blue managed to get her hands on a cheap pair of white sneakers, they set their sights on their new canvas and got to work.

Blue mumbled a bunch of incoherent swears as she changed out of her pajamas - which consisted of black spanks and one of JJ's shirts that was way too big on her. She slipped on a light blue bikini before throwing on some jean shorts and a white lacey tank top over it. The girl knew that her brother's first thought would be to go fishing since all kinds of stuff get stirred up in the marshes after a storm, so she decided to prepare for a day on the water. She grabbed the strawberry themed converse her and JJ painted last winter and threw them on to complete her outfit.

After taming her messy bedhead, she went into the bathroom to brush her teeth. She checked the switches by the mirror and groaned when the lights did absolutely nothing. Then she tried to turn on the sink and no water came out.

No cellphone service, no power, and no running water. Some miracle you are, Agatha.

Blue grabbed the mouthwash instead and swished it around in her mouth for a couple minutes before spitting it back into the sink. Once she was done in the bathroom, she walked out, stepping into the living room while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. When she looked up from her hands, her gaze landed on a shirtless JJ, who was leaning against the doorway while taking a sip from a can of beer.

Ugh, he totally knows how hot he is and he always has to flaunt it. Can't he ever give her a break?!

She didn't let herself gawk at him (at least not for longer than ten seconds) and made her way towards the blond. "Beer at nine in the morning? You getting a head start?" She teased but her voice was a little deeper and heavier with exhaustion.

JJ looked over at her with a tired smile on his face. "No running water, Bluey. Man's gotta hydrate somehow, right?"

"There's bottled water in the fridge," She said, grabbing his can and throwing it out onto the porch, watching as the alcohol spilled onto the tarnished wood. She made a mental note to pick it up later. "Maybe have some of that instead."