Wait, I know!! He must have joined the Movie club to get closer to Alyson! Yeah, that must be it. I noticed that he liked her. As a matter of fact, they looked good together. I wondered how Alyson would take it if I tell her that.

The bell suddenly rang, cutting my thoughts.

"Finish all the activities in your textbook from chapters one to three and pass it next week. That's all," said Mr. D.

"Let's go?"

I looked up and saw Alyson, ready for our Calculus. I nodded in answer as I stood up. I headed toward the door where Alyson was waiting.

"See you later, Dwayne," Alyson added. When I came beside her, nudging me on the ribs.

"Oh, right," I muttered. Turning to Dwayne, I said, "Bye."

Dwayne smiled. He raised his right hand as if waving.

During Calculus, Alyson kept telling me that she wouldn't be eating any ice cream sandwich for today because she wanted to try something different. I rolled my eyes and skeptically mumbled, "Yeah, right."

What can I say? I very much doubted it.

French, on the other hand, was surprising. I learned that Dwayne was fluent in speaking French. I asked him if he grew up there. Of course, I was cynical when I asked that. But he politely answered anyway. Turned out, he learned speaking French when his family went on a Euro trip. No comment there. His family was obviously freaking rich.

Now, here I was with Alyson in the cafeteria. Our usual table was taken, so we were trying to find another one.

"Hey, there's a vacant one over there," said Alyson as she pointed at the table close by the window.

Oooh... I liked that spot.

We headed toward the table when Alyson suddenly stopped. Her eyes widened as though she was seeing a ghost.

"What is it?" I asked, a little bit worried.

She wildly looked at me. "They're serving ice cream sandwiches today!" she exclaimed.

With a sly smile I said, "I thought you said you're not going to have any."

"People say strange things when they're hungry."

I raised an eyebrow. "You rephrased it, didn't you?"

Alyson smiled sheepishly. "Go on," she said, starting to walk away. "Our seats will be taken. I'll be there in a minute."

I shook my head in amusement as I went to the vacant table. As soon as I took my seat, my eyes wandered around the cafeteria. I saw Alyson beaming on the line. Unfortunately, I can also see Annabelle and her witches giggling. I fought a sudden urge to pour cold water on them, just to wake them up from their evil ways. But then, I thought that they were not worth thinking about so I just turned my eyes outside the window. I could see the quad from here. It was really nice-looking.

All of a sudden, something caught my eye. I looked at that something, and it turned out to be a 'someone.'

Ethan and Luke walked toward me, lead by Aaron. They were carrying their trays. Maybe it was just my imagination, but it was as though they were coming to sit here. Here, at our table. I wouldn't be surprised if it was only Aaron – except, Ethan and Luke were following him.

Don't tell me they were going to sit here. Why? They usually sit with the witches. How come they were sitting here with us? Were they planning something?

I wasn't able to do or say anything about it because they directly sat there without saying anything or asking any permission. They just laid their trays of high protein meals on table. Just like that.