Chapter 14 | Stay

Han's POV

"You have been a bit off since we got in that museum, are you ok Y/n?"

"I'm fine." she says with a soft smile. Though I was still worried about what she was thinking. I think the trip there might have triggered too may memories or old feelings. Or maybe she is getting all these emotions and memories because it is almost time.

"If you say so, but don't let anything eat you up. Most times memories and feelings associated with them are signs that you will leave purgatory."

" Right.."

We continued to walk down the street of older buildings and some large skyscrapers. A busy place, as it was the highlight of the city. I kept looking around corners for a small hotel in which was rated high, but cheap for the area. I have never stayed at one in my own town, but there was no choice given the situation. At least I was not alone just yet.

I smiled to myself at the fact she was still with me. The angel had said that she was to leave when her body was laid to rest, but its been a while since then.. It scared me a bit, but it was also relieving as I could steal just a little more time with Y/n.

"The place should be really close around around here.." I say.

As I looked around the street more, a dark shaded part of the street reveals three dog-like demons sniffing about. They wore dislocated jaws with uneven teeth and bloody paws that marked clearly onto the grey of the side walk.

"Where do we go?" Y/n says. I look around and over to one of the entrances of the skyscrapers as the sun shown brightly there. Grabbing Y/n, I drag her to that building. Not even a second out on the street heading over, the demon dogs lock onto us. Thankfully, we rushed into the tall building before they could grab one of us. Panicking, I rush us towards an elevator.

"Han. What if that elevator is too dark?"
"Its fine as long as we move. We need to get high up and find a spot without much dark spaces and figure out a plan."
"The roof?"
"Well yeah, Its high and its extremely sunny."

Out of the blue, a low growl is heard. I look everywhere in every direction. Wouldn't you know that to our left side, we see that the dogs were peeking their heads and claws out from underneath the reception desk. All three of their black eyes glisten as they slowly creep towards us. We back up from them slowly before making a run towards the stairs.

"Han, this is a twenty story building.. We will be lucky to even get to floor Ten without getting caught." She states following behind quickly.

"Don't worry. Just run." I say sprinting up to the door while the demon dogs began to bark away after us. As we rushed into the door Y/N spots something stopping herself from going forward. I look at her confused until she grabs a broom and wedges the door shut. She then rushes up the stairs and I follow behind. As we continued on, our steps violently echoed through the stair well. A place that seemed to go on forever when you looked up. It gave me a slight headache just thinking about the constant spiral we would have to endure for the next 20 flights. However we managed well for about 10 flights until the door at the burst along with a weird silence afterward. To no surprise, a loud bark echoed out and two more until the whole of the stairs had barking and desperate steps fighting around the air making it ever so noisy.

" Keep running don't look back!" I shout trying to boost morale for the both of us as I barely knew if we could keep a distance or not. There was no way of knowing. I prayed the demons were just low runners and that they were not as fast as the big ones that normally lurked around. Only the one who governed us above knew the answer to this situation.. Only he knew the outcome, and honestly I don't know whether or not to accept the worse possible one.

Finally we came across the door to the roof with the words " DO NOT ENTER" and " KEEP OUT". We both ignored it and rushed out unto the sunny view of the outside world. Quickly we both looked around for anything that could keep the door shut. The only thing was a huge red tool box that laid beside some black tarp. Without hesitation we push that tool box together forcing it to keep the door closed.

As it stood in-between us and the demon dogs, Y/n falls down on her ass out of breath and I squat down holding my chest trying to calm the intensity of my beating heart.

"Holy fuck!" She huffed, "At least we bought some time.."
"Right, but I honestly don't even know where we will go tonight if this is how it will be."
"I hate it here.. I wish things could be better.."
" I do too.." I say sighing while looking to her pretty face.
I'm definitely going to miss her when she finally leaves even if were being chased or terrorized there was no place I'd rather be than right with her..

"Guess we stay for about an hour? I don't know if I could stay in the heat for that long though.." She lightly chuckled getting up and walking towards the railing that divided the floor and the air. A light breeze hits her face and hair as she looks down at the busling street below. She looks at me with a smile calling me over to look at the people who as she said " looked like ants".

I wanted to tell her in that moment that I would do absolutely anything to have her here.

"Please stay." I wanted to say. Though before I could say a word the breeze becomes harder taking me by surprise as it nulled any noise from my ears. As I look towards the direction of that harsh breeze, which came from my right, I see something I have been dreading to see...

A certain deity that to me was the end of my world as I knew it even if it was a universal sign of good..

::: Author's note :::

Hello dear readers! I have been having a major writing block for a while, but I suddenly forced myself to write and I figured it out!! (Well for this one at least lool) I hope that you all enjoy the three chapter update as I tried my best to up the quality its been lacking in the beginning. Not to scare you all, but we are 5-6 chapters away from the end of this story. I'm very excited to start writing and publishing the ending scene I have stuck in my head ASAP.

Ps. Yall might get a six chapters in total this week haha. maybe~