Chapter 2: We'll meet again

" I love you, Gintoki. I love you dearly."

is the last thing he says before he finally closes his eyes. 

BOOM! Explosions from around the cities could be heard even from miles away. The unexpected earthquakes shocked the people even more. Some even screamed till their lungs gave out, and some ran frantically without caring about anyone. Those who were younger and older were stepped by the other people. Police officers were all trying hard to save as many as they could. But, the spaceships keep on coming endlessly spreading 'poison' which took only a few minutes has engulfed almost the entire city. 

Sougo tries to hold Gintoki away from the explosion near them. Luckily, it was only a small spaceship. While trying to control his feelings as he just saw one of his loved one dies in front of him, he eventually let go of Gintoki who ended up kneeling on the ground. " Ah." His eyes were all blurry, the sight of blood in front of him scared him... again. His loved one dies in front of him... again. He tries to get up but drops to the floor again from how weak he is. It is so hard to breathe, it is too much to handle at once. He just couldn't do it anymore.

 He slowly got up. Sougo who was watching all of his actions, slowly but gently grabbed his arms. "Danna-" Gintoki slowly pushed Sougo's arms away from him. "Hijikata, wake up now. It's not funny." Gintoki wobbles toward the body. "Danna..." Sougo calls out before bursting into tears himself, watching the senpai he respects moving slowly toward his vice chief's body. No, toward his lover's side. 

Gintoki quickly went to Hijikata's side. That was when he saw the body covered in blood. His body. Hijikata's body. His lover. Some parts of his body were ruined and bruised. Blood flowed down his head, hiding away the perfect face of the handsome vice chief. Gintoki uses his sleeves to wipe away his face. "This can't be, hey wake up, please. Why didn't you run, stupid? Is that how much you wanna die?! Hey, Hijikata! Come on! Get up and kill me instead!"

He broke down. Desperately, he calls out for his lover.  

" Please, Hijikata. Please. " He held his body tightly, hugging him close to him to feel his heartbeat slowing for the last time. "We still need to talk. Hijikata, I love you so please give me one more chance. " That was when Sougo let out his cries from the heartbreaking scenes in front of him. He never thought he would see his respected person crying in front of his vice chief, a brother from the other family he never thought he would ever have. " Vice chief, you're so stupid. Look at Danna, he...does really love you. "

"If there's any chance, please let us talk again. Let us meet again. Let me love him again. " Gintoki yells out to the skies. Gintoki looks as if he is on his last straw. Maybe, perhaps he is. 

Kondou slowly walking toward Gintoki, encourages him by putting his hand on his shoulder. " Yorozuya, get up and take his body away. We need to investigate this mechanism first. It could be dangerous to us." Kondou glances toward his brother's body. His eyes were red obviously from crying. He decides to be the one to take care of everyone's safety by being the one to investigate spaceships."Kondou-san.." Gintoki gets up holding up the corpse. Kondou has to swallow another pain down his throat after looking at the completely messed up Gintoki beside him. 

As soon as Gintoki turns his back, a burst of laughter erupts from inside the shapeship. The door on it opened revealing a short amanto/alien about 4.3ft wearing a long white coat. Laughing out loud as if this was all a joke for him.  He gazes at the people in front of him, and a creepy smirk appears on his face as he says, "Did I accidentally kill another one?" Again, he laughed.

Anger.

This wasn't the first time he had felt this kind of anger. He understands that he wasn't in his right mind yet he couldn't help his murder intent to torture this creepy bastard right in front of him. Maybe, if he killed that stupid amanto/alien, Hijikata would 'sleep' peacefully. Yes, he had to kill him.  Kill him.