Chapter 1

Day 1

The infection had just reached Florida, and school was starting. Everybody knew about it, but no one knew how close it would be. Everyone thought we had another few days to prepare, but they were wrong.

It was 9:30 AM. School was just starting, when the intercom sounded, and the principal said, "attention teachers and students, this is not a drill. Remain in your classrooms. The infected have arrived, and are now roaming around campus."

"Shit! Everyone said we had another few days!" Daniel, my best friend said.

"Me too." I said grabbing a knife out of my backpack, knowing that something had to go wrong.

"We need to get to Steele." I whispered to Daniel. "I agree, but we can't leave the classroom." We kept the conversation at a whisper, knowing that if other people heard us, including the teacher, they wouldn't let us leave.

"On 3?" I said, still at a whisper.

"Sure" Daniel replied.

"1... 2..."

"3!" I yelled, both of us jumping from our seats, rushing toward the door. I opened it, and ran toward Steeles home room class with Daniel right behind.

Luckily we didn't encounter any infected, but Steele had the same thought as we did, and we met him halfway up the stairs.

"Did you have the same idea?" I asked.

"Why wouldn't I?" He replied, running down the steps.

Apparently about 50 other people had the same idea. They were everywhere.

"We need to get out of here!" I yelled, as an infected slowly approached us.

We headed in the direction of my house as fast as we could. Our adrenaline kicked in as we approached the end of school campus.

I stepped one foot off campus, and I heard a few voices, yelling, "Cameron! Daniel! Steele!"

I turned around, and there was Alex, Bella, and 1 other person. I didn't know who it was, but it didn't matter. An infected grabbed him, and bit him in the neck.

Bella screamed.

"Get over here!" I yelled.

They ran as fast as they could to catch up to us.

N/A

Hey guys. I hope you like it so far! This is my first book, so if there are any mistakes, please feel free to give me any constructive criticism. Hopefully when I get better at this I'll make a revised version, because I already know this book will be at least a little crappy. Thank you so much, and enjoy!