Part 4

"What do you mean like what?", Kevin asked, repeating what I said.

"I'm... not sure what you want me to say.", I said and looked at Raphael who was still not looking at me.

"About you and Russ?", Kevin said.

Oh. Russ and I? Wait, what's with Russ?

Not about the dress?

"Russ?", I asked, confused.

I swear Kevin looked so irritated. He rolled his eyes and looked at Mom.

"Mom, she let Russ into her room. Can you imagine that?"

Mom looked at me with a mischievous grin while Dad frowned at what Kevin said.

"You let Russ into your room?", Dad asked. I can sense the anger in his calm voice.

I don't know if I should be thankful that they're scolding me because Russ went into my room or not.

At least, it's not because of the dress. I mean, it's not that of a big deal.

"He just watched me paint. That's all."

"Yeah right, if Raphael didn't come into your room, who knows—", I cut him off.

"Come on, Kev. What the hell are you even saying? Can you hear yourself? I don't like Russ, okay? Drop it."

I rolled my eyes at him but he glared at me.

"Guys, stop it. Well, if Sammy says that she doesn't like Russel and he only watched her paint, then I guess we should believe her. Right, Hon?", Mom said, looking at Dad who's still giving me a stern face.

Dad looked at Mom and sighed.

"Alright. But I don't want it to happen again. Do you hear me, Sammy?"

"Yes, Dad."

"Alright, now, let's eat."

We started to eat but Kevin and I exchanged glares with each other.

How could he? Does he think I'll do such a thing? And in my room?

Come on!

I also took a few glances at Raphael who did not even throw a look at me, even once, the entire dinner.

I want to talk to him. I just want to know that he's not going to tell a single soul, about my secret.

Or, if possible, tell him to forget about what he saw earlier.

I was not able to talk to Raphael the entire night. He was always with Kevin. They were playing the Xbox til midnight.

I tried to talk with him a few times but seeing Kevin's face pisses me off. So I called it off for the night.

Maybe, I'll talk to him tomorrow. I just hope he doesn't tell Kevin.

———

"Where's Raphael?", I asked Kevin as soon as he got home.

He looked at me as if wondering why I'm looking for Raphael.

"I'm... going to show him my painting, ask for his advice."

That's true. I was planning to ask Raphael about his advice when I finish painting my new artwork. I usually do that. Raphael is my number one critic. But right now, that's only an excuse to talk to him.

Kevin grinned. "What about Russ? Not going to ask him to see your painting?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Will you stop? You're so annoying."