011

Sunday felt like it didn't happen. Waking up to my brother banging on my door, and that awful feeling of realisation that is Monday hits me.

I pick up my phone, to many notifications. Most of them from Maddie, a few from Atlas, one from Brooks and Beckham. How the hell did he get my number? My curiosity gets the better of me, I click on the message.

Beckham - you still coming to game or have you chickened out?

I type quickly as I remember Brooks also texted me, Brooks who I'd completely forgotten about. Brooks who I was going to throw away just so, Beckham couldn't be right.

Yep you win. My friend ship with Brooks is much more valuable then  my ego. - Me

Once I see that cocky smile on Beckham's face I'll regret it. But it's worth it. I like Brooks, and some stupid bet shouldn't ruin it. I just want to go to the game and enjoy it.

Beckham - you're still coming to the game though?

And why would you care - me

Beckham - I care because I want to see your face when I destroy, Brooks.

His whole bet has been about Brooks. Him getting to watch my face as I destroy someone I like.

"I hear you chickened out the bet." Atlas says, while so appearing out of nowhere. He's now walk by my side, and following me like a dog. "Well what you heard was correct. I listen to what you said, and released I can't loose a friendship over Beckham." I tell him.

"Look I know you've been told this plenty of times, but you should take the bet. Beckhams doing it so you'll screw Brooks over, before he can screw you over. And Maddie is only telling you over and over again, because Brooks screwed her over. She didn't listen to Beckham, until it was too late and she found him with her well now ex best friend." Atlas informs me, it's quite a bit to process. But Maddie dating Brooks is the hardest. I walk into science silent with Atlas following behind me. I take my seat, and don't notice Beckhams absence. I look around for Maddie, until I spot her. I give her a look and she gives me one back, but it's broken when Beckham speaks. "Hey chicken." There's a cocky tone in his voice. But what annoys me is the nickname 'chicken.'

"First of all no chicken, I prefer Ruthy. The bets back on."

"Really? Well welcome back Ruthy." Beckham jokes, "although chicken might stay."

"Ruthy can stay, chicken can not." I protest.

"Well since chicken annoys you, I'll stick to chicken, chicken." I groan, making Beckham laugh. Although the laughing stops, when I ask a question. "Did Maddie date Brooks?"

"Do you always ask questions? If you want to to know ask her yourself." He replies, I don't bother speaking again. Instead I sit there. "Look, it's not just me hating my brother. It's me hating seeing my brother hurt girls for no reason, other then his own entertainment. So please listen to everyone around you, stop being friends with Brooks."

Everyone tells me that Brooks is no good, but I haven't listened. Maybe now I should.

A/n- I know this chapters short and I haven't updated in a while. I've have no time, I've also had little motivation. So for now I'm going to stick to updating when I feel like it.