Chapter 10 Preparing

I sit next to Lilly. "Where did Felix take you?" she asks.

"No idea, but it was so peaceful, and beautiful."

"And he braided you hair?"

"Yeah, so where did you go with Pan?"

"Down what he called the dream shade path. He threated me with it."

"I take it that dream shade is a poison."

"Yeah. A deadly poison is what I've been told." She confirms.

"Come on boys, it's time to dance!" we hear Pan yell.

"What do you think that means?" Lilly asks me.

"No idea." I say as we watch Pan start to play his pipes.

After a while Pan and Felix walk over. "Alexis my darling, we've hardly talked all day." He says crouching down to my level.

"What do you want?" I snap.

"You've got fire, I like fire, but never mind that now. I have a question for you."

"What?"

"Can you hear this?" he puts his lips up to his pipe and starts to play. I hear a creepy, yet beautiful melody play.

"No, we can't hear it." Lilly says.

"No, I can hear it, but it's faint." I explain.

"Well only special children can hear it." Pan tells us.

"I don't know if I should take that as a good thing or an insult." Lilly mutters under her breath.

"How special do I have to be?" I ask.

"You have to fell unloved."

"But I know I'm loved!" Mom, Dad, Felix, Henry, and Emma, I know that all of them love me.

"You know you're loved, but do you feel loved? There's a difference Alexis." He stands up, and holds his hand out. "Come dance with us." He says.

"No!" I say scooting back away from them until I hit the tree. "I don't want to dance."

"Fine, suit yourself." He says walking away.

I hear Pan start to play his pipes again. That makes me think, I feel loved, and I know I'm loved. Mom and Dad love me, so why can I hear the pipes. "Maybe you can hear the pipes because you expected to be out of here by now, but you aren't." Lilly explains.

"What?"

"I think you expected Mary-Margret and David to come help you."

"I wouldn't need their help if I didn't have this stupid cuff." I say spinning it around my wrist.

"Let's try to get some sleep. You look like death."

"Yeah, cause you look so much better."

~#~

In the morning I'm sitting next to Lilly when Pan and some boys come over. We both stand up, not knowing what they want.

"What do you want?" Lilly asks.

Pan looks at her and simply says, "You." Two lost boys grab her.

"Lilly-" I get cut off by someone grabbing me from behind. "Felix let go of me!" I yell.

"Try again Princess." I hear Luke whisper in my ear. I fling my head back and hit his nose. This makes him let go of me, but before I can go anywhere someone grabs me and pulls me into a hug like hold.