21. You Can Call It Magic

21. Chapter Twenty One: You Can Call It Magic [Not Edited]

(for android users, press the small mini microphone icon for the audio :D )

*recommended to read listening to 'You' by 'Pocket Toons'. [the song is downloadable on Soundcloud. For non android users, the link is given in the 'external link'.]

*

You know what's more awkward than telling something embarrassing right after a kiss? Not speaking a word and quietly looking in the space in front you. Even more when you're inside a bathroom.

"So the weather's real nice," I try to make small talk as my feet dangle below the sink. I should probably get up and stand but that would mean I'd have to let go of Nate's hand.

Nope, never happening now.

"It's raining," he chuckles, leaning against the wall and looking sideways at me.

Ah. It's raining. I had no idea. I'll try something else?

"Fancy you being here," I blurt.

He cocks up an eyebrow, pure amusement reflecting on that beautiful face of his. Sigh... "Are you sure you can say that now?"

"Well, it was getting way to quiet, and.."

"Shush, now," he whispers leaning his mouth towards my forehead as he turns to me and hugs me. My heart is in overdrive by now. "I've missed you."

"Couldn't have figured," I mumble as his scent engulfs the remainder of my senses. "You didn't call. I thought that you didn't care."

"Honestly, I've tried not to care, but when it comes to you- my will is shattered," he sighs. And the butterflies attack. "With you, I can't think straight. I become this person-" he pauses.

"What kind of person?"

"A kind of person who is uneasy when you're not around, thinks constantly of you. A kind of person who can't see, no, can't imagine you with someone else. Someone who wants you so much that it scares him." He exhales. "You've been a rough ride of a roller coaster, Riley."

"Well, you've been one hell of an emotional roller coaster," I reply, resting my head against his chest. His heartbeat. Is. As. Fast. Mine.

"I like you, redhead," he confesses with an exhale, as if it took all the courage he had in him to tell it out. The words I've always wanted to hear. The words I secretly hoped would come true. "And I have, for quite a while now."

"I thought you hated me."

"Hate? I hate it when you're not with me."