Chapter 8

A Feeling.

''Well yeah that's true but you have your reasons right? You cant judged a book by its cover and besides, believing on the rumor while not letting the person who was rumored express themselves is different.''

''If you personally stated yourself that i killed my own kin for my selfish reasons of wanting to become the emperor than that i will personally believe it, but since you didn't than its all useless believing that.''

''Everyone has their own story some of us has it rough and some of us has it nice, a person's well being can be cause by its own personal background and that is my answer for you whether you like my answer or not nothing will change that for me.''

She smiled at the end after stating her answer.

After hearing her words his heart skipped a beat, the feeling he felt was warm and comfortable, as his pov of looking at her she was dazzling and shining, her background was also filled with blooming roses he thought she looked more beautiful when she smiles like that, it made him somewhat flustered.

He questioned.

''Did you perhaps experience a bad childhood?''

Hmm, in Veronica's state i think not cause she was well spoiled by his father and everyone loved and adored her, also in my memories of her that kept appearing in my dreams nothing bad happen in her life so i think not.

''To tell you the truth i had a good childhood, i just personally think that judging someone base on rumors and antagonizing them is something that is truly unfair.''

He grinned after hearing her answer.

''You really are interesting.''

''Hmm?''

''Well why dont i escort you back, Veronica.''

Her eyes widened.

Wait woah, woah, hold on.... did he just call me by my name? even in the novel Claude did not once mentioned her name, what the hell is this?!

''Ahh no need your majesty, you must be quiet busy i dont want to simply waste your time.''

''No, i dont mind it.''

''Well uh, ill gladly accept your kindness your majesty.''

''Its Claude.''

".....huh?"

''Call me by my name.''

What really, is he seriously telling me that?!

''Well if you say so, thank you Cla-Claude.''

He smiled leaving her shocked thinking wow his smile actually looks more amazing here than the novel illustration.

Felix was also quite stunned seing Claude personally escorted the empress back to her Chambers but he felt happy at the same time while watching them.

After they arrived her personal maid was also suprised seeing them together.

''Ahh were finally here thank you so much your majes–, i mean Claude for escorting me back.''

''No problem Veronica, i shall take my leave now.''

''Yes'' and she bowed.

Ava approached her and asked, ''My lady what happened why did the emperor personally escorted you back?''

''Actually i dont know to, that was my first time, i actually taught he would be the type to not do these bothersome things.''

It really is strange though, although i am trying my best to get on his good side but the story is indeed changing, but atleast he probably trust me more now, the most important thing is to live and to see the beautiful female lead Diana.