Jean x Reader x Marco: Make Up Your Mind

Requested by @ErpaeofLand! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o O o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was already late at night, Marco couldn't fall asleep. He decided to get up from bed and take a walk, hoping it would tire him. As he continued to walk, he spotted two figures sitting down next to each other. He couldn't see it clearly, so he sneakily walked over to take a glance.

"You're not so bad after all, Jean." A female voice says.

"Yeah, well, maybe we should do this again tomorrow?" He recognizes Jean's voice.

"Of course." The girl says.

The two of them stood from their places and gave each other a hug. Marco couldn't tell who the girl was, but it was definitely not (y/n). The girl hurriedly walks away, leaving Jean to stand in his place.

"Jean?" Marco quietly says, making Jean's head snap up at him with a shocked face.

"M-Marco? What are you doing here?" He asks, walking over to him.

"I couldn't sleep so I decided to take a walk but then I saw you." He says.

"S-so, you saw...?"

"I didn't see who the girl was, but you owe me an explanation." Marco says.

"Could we talk about it in the morning? I'm tired." He says.

"Fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o O o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning, Jean!" (y/n)'s usual cheery voice, echoes through the mess halls.

"Good morning!" Jean replies with the same tone.

"Good morning, Marco!" She greets.

"Good morning, (y/n)." I reply, with a smile.

Breakfast dragged on with the usual small talk here and there. It ended quickly and everyone started heading to the training grounds. I tap Jean's shoulder, he looks over.

"Explain yourself." I told him.

"I-I honestly don't know, Marco." He sighs in defeat.

"What do you mean you don't know? How could you not?" I ask.

"I really like (y/n)... but I sorta like Mikasa as well..." He says.

"Was she the one with you last night?" I ask.

"Yeah, she was." He says.

"You have to make up your mind, Jean. The longer this goes on, the more pain will be felt by either one of them." I tell him.

"I know, I think I just need time." He says.

"Fine, don't overthink, okay?" I say, getting up and leaving him there.

As I reach the training grounds, I see (y/n) by herself while everyone else is sparring. I walk over to her with a smile, she smiles back.

"Want to be partners?" I ask, she nods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o O o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's all happening too fast.

It has been a week since I last confronted Jean, and now we're on the worst terms.

"What's this, Jean?! Why can't you tell me?!" (y/n) sobs.

"It's not what you think, we're just talking, nothing else!" He quickly explains.

"How could it be nothing else?! Your faces were so close to each other, and it's just talking?!" She yells.

Jean lets out a heavy sigh, eyes soft. He slowly approached (y/n) but she only moved back.He stopped, he slowly reached his hand out to her but she ended up running out of the room.

He was about to go after her, I pulled him back. He looks at me, his eyes were filled with hurt. Mikasa remains emotionless at the whole situation.

"I'll go after her, you've caused so much trouble already." I say, and ran after her.

I searched the whole headquarters, asking other people if they've seen her in the process. I finally spot her, up above the tree. Her head is on her knees, she's sobbing loudly.

I didn't hesitate to climb the tree and sit beside her. She scoots over to give me some space to sit down and I oblige. I pull her into my arms, patting her back while she continues to cry.

"it's okay, let it all out." I tell her.

"He led me on, Marco. He told me he loved me, he fooled me." She says in between tears.

"I know, I'm sorry." I tell her.

"You don't have to be." She says.

We remained in this position for a few minutes. She slowly calms herself down, it's a sad sight to see her go through all this. She sits up properly, wiping her tears.

"You wouldn't hurt me, right?" She asks, eyes on mine.

"I would never." I smile at her, she smiles back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o O o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How is she, Marco?" Jean asks, once I entered the room.

"She's better now." I assure him.

"I still love her though..." He quietly says.

"Too bad, you messed up." I say, walking to my bed and falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o O o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel like this one wasn't a good one. I tried though, hope you like it.

I'm closing requests on May 1, so if you have any more requests, leave a comment on my previous Author's Note. Thank you!