CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE

ACE OF HEARTS
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE: THE
FINAL SACRIFICE

     AFTER BREAKING OFF INTO three separate groups, the five teenagers began to search through Victor Creel's house in attempt to locate Vecna

     AFTER BREAKING OFF INTO three separate groups, the five teenagers began to search through Victor Creel's house in attempt to locate Vecna. On the first level, Cassie Harrington and Mike Wheeler roamed through the main entrance. On the second, Erica Sinclair moved through the bedrooms. Lastly, in the upper level, Lucas and Max searched through the attic.

Welcome to your life, theres no turning back...

As Cassie Harrington quietly roamed through the lower level of the Creel house, she listened as her headphones played Everybody Wants to Rule the World softly. Of course, this was a minor safety precaution, since Vecna could attack her at any given moment.

Walking cautiously beside her, Mike Wheeler made sure to keep a close eye on the girl. The last thing he wanted to do was look away, because the last time he did, she was taken by the monster. And he wasn't going to let that happen again. Not until she was supposed to, at least.

After moving through the rooms in complete silence, Mike and Cassie were shocked to hear a large thud, followed by several shouts from two floors above. Following the sound, Erica Sinclair abruptly raced down the stairs. When entering the main area, the girl did not waste any time before making her way out the front door.

Running after her, Cassie Harrington met the girl outside and asked, "Erica, where are you going?"

"I'm going to signal your brother and the others," Erica explained, racing towards the playground. "We're starting Phase Two."

"What do you mean we're starting Phase Two?" Cassie asked, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. "We haven't even found Vecna yet."

"Max and Lucas did, up in the attic," Erica answered. "Go see for yourself."

Looking at each other in utter confusion, Cassie Harrington and Mike Wheeler immediately ran through the corridor and raced up the large staircase. Once making their way up to the attic, they were met with an unexpected sight. Sitting in the middle of the room, Max Mayfield was frozen in place, her eyes clouded with white fog.

"Lucas!" Cassie shouted, racing over to the boy. "What the hell is going on?"

"I told her it was a bad idea," Lucas shook his head, placing his hand over his mouth. "She wouldn't listen to me."

"What are you talking about?"

"Max, she told me to give you this," Lucas replied, his voice shaking.