chapter 1

alice had a pretty normal life until some random stalker came into her life. alice couldn't sleep or eat or do whatever it is she does everyday until her stalker was finally put behind bars. she was relieved and slowly went back to her normal life... or not.

alice was texting her friend when her phone rang. she stopped and answered the call. "hello?" her voice was emotionless. there was loud breathing on the other line. "...hello?" alice was getting impatient. the person was still breathing. then he said, "i hope my future wife didn't miss me too much." alice froze. she knew this voice. the first time she heard it was when she was kidnapped. it was her stalker. he had come back for his the love of his life. "like hell i would miss a creepy stalker. why do you keep coming back?" alice was terrified but she didnt show it. she grabbed her other phone and dialed 911. "aw sweetie, the police wont catch me this time," the man said confidently. a woman answered the phone. "911 what is your emergency?" "the guy-" the man interrupted her. "am i not worthy of you that you cant even say my name?" "-please come quickly!" alice hung up both her phones and then called her dad. it rang and rang and rang then went to voicemail. alice called again. "hello again love." it was her stalker again. alice started to freak out. "what did you do to my dad?" she yelled. the man chuckled. "he's in a better place now." alice held her breath for a moment, then someone knocked on the door. alice didnt move. she couldnt move. "arent you going to answer the door?" the man asked. alice stared at the door. her lip quivered as she was about to ask, "who is it?" there was no answer. suddenly she heard sirens all around the neighborhood. there was a knock then a, "alice lyes? it's the police, are you in there?" alice got up and ran to the door. before she opened it the man whispered, "i love you alice" then hung up. alice stood there as her heart pounded against her chest. then she opened the door. the police came in and asked her some questions, but alice was frozen. she couldnt process what just happened. then everything was clear again and the first thing she heard was "alice, what happened?" alice looked up at the policeman and said slowly, "i think he killed my dad." she looked back down at the floor. "alice, we're going to need your phone so we can trace where the man called from." the policeman reached for the phone slowly. alice gave him the phone and walked to her bedroom. there was a note on her desk from the stalker. it said 'hello my love. i would've sent you an email but a written letter is much more romantic. you probably think your father is dead, but he's alive. if you'd like to see him, then i will offer you a deal. i will release your father if you marry me. if the police hears about this i will not hesitate to kill him. sleep well tonight.  -Kei '
alice crumbled the letter and threw it in the trash can. she turned on her phone to check her email and noticed an email that had a picture attached to it. after she opened it, the policeman knocked on the door. "come in," she said. the policeman opened the door and said they found out where the man (or Kei) was calling from. she sighed then looked back at her phone, her eyes widened, and she screamed. the policeman ran to her, asking if she was alright then looked at her phone. the picture was alice's dad who was mutilated. he was shocked for a moment then grabbed alice's phone and ran out to the others. alice sat on the floor shaking in fear. she got up slowly and walked to the living room. "i-i t-think i j-just killed my dad." alice was staring at the floor still in shock. the policeman asked what happened, but alice didnt respond. then she said, "there was a letter. he said he was going to release my dad if i marry him." alice clenched her fist trying to hold back tears. some other officer sighed. "you should've told us about that. we could've saved your dad without letting him get to you." "i'm sorry..." alice started to cry a sea of tears. a woman comforted alice and walked her to alice's bedroom. the woman told alice to get some rest and the police will come back tomorrow with new information. "what if he tries to break into my house?" alice started to worry. "don't worry, i'll be outside with my partner and we'll make sure no one gets in," the woman tried to reassure alice. alice lied down on her bed and closed her eyes as the woman walked out of the room and closed the door. it was silent in room. alice opened her eyes and looked around the room. she turned on her phone again and recieved a new email. it was from kei. 'look at your window' alice turned her head toward the window. there was a basket of white roses and a note. she opened the window slowly and took the basket of flowers into her room. she opened the card,but it was blank. then she looked on the back of car and it read 'my love shines like the stars at night and like the sun at day. her eyes glimmer when she smiles,but she does not smile at me. she waits for her true love to sweep her off her feet. don't worry my love, don't worry, i will come at three. -Kei '
alice put the card back in the basket and ran outside to tell the woman about the flowers and card. she ran all around her house until she noticed something near the garden. she walked toward it slowly. she kept walking, then she came to a stop and she knew what it was and screamed. it was the woman and her partner cut up into pieces. alice ran in her house and threw up in the toilet. she tried to call the police while her hands were shaking. "911 what is your emergency?" alice breathed heavily then said, "this is alice. m-my stalker.. h-he- " alice choked on her words. "are you hurt anywhere ma'am?" the operator asked. "n-no but he killed 2 people! p-please come quickly," alice couldnt help but stutter. "alright ma'am stay put and lock your doors and windows. we'll be there as soon as possible." alice hung up. she ran to every door and window and made sure they were locked. at the last window there was a rose with a card. her hand was shaking while she opened the card. 'it breaks my hearts when i see my love all terrified. i got a present for your birthday. hopefully that will ease your worries.' alice was confused. was the present the rose? she looked up and saw an arrow pointing to the left. she turned her head and fell back. a box appeared out of nowhere. she crawled to it slowly and opened it. inside was clothes and accessories. alice pulled out every item in the box until he found a note. she read it, then widened her eyes and dropped the note on the floor.

'i hope you like my gift. i killed 20 women just for you my love. '