Chapter Six

"So, where to?" Nikoli asked as they pulled away from the dorm.

"Doesn't matter," she said, distracted, her fingers caressing the interior of the car.

Nikoli couldn't suppress his grin if he'd wanted to. She was too busy examining the car to be nervous with him. If she only knew what watching her fondle his car was doing to him, she'd put her hands under her ass and sit still for the rest of the ride.

"Joe's okay?" he asked.

"Sure," she said. "They've got the best Reubens in town, and I'm starved."

"Didn't get to eat?"

"No." She shook her head. "I had too much to do. Speaking of which..."

Nikoli glanced over at her and grew slightly alarmed at the pissed-off look on her face. "What?" he asked cautiously.

"You made one of my girls cry today."

Nikoli groaned inwardly. He'd only had sex with one girl today, the lusty blonde from check-in. She was in Lily's dorm? Damn.

"Lily, we've already been over this," he warned. "Every girl I have sex with knows up front what to expect. I already told you this."

"Oh, I know. Stephanie knew it too, but she assumed she could make you feel differently."

"Her mistake," he put in quickly. "Not mine."

"Agreed," Lily said. "What I'm talking about is the fact you had someone, I'm presuming Luther, throw her out instead of having the decency to do it yourself. Do you even realize how used that makes a woman feel? Especially a nineteen-year-old girl?"

Well, hell. Who knew the blonde was going to land him in a morality lecture from Ms. Sweet and Innocent herself? Lily needed to stop trying to think of him as a decent guy. He wasn't, and he knew it. He was a selfish bastard on the best of days.

"What's your point, Lily?" he asked. "She knew what she was in for when she came back to my place. I was done and needed a shower. I figured she had the good sense to get gone. Not my fault Luther had to kick her out."

"You really don't care how your actions affect the women you sleep with, do you?" Lily asked, appalled.

"First, there's no sleeping involved," he grinned wolfishly at her, "and second, no, I don't care. We both get mutual pleasure out of the deal. Why should I care about anything else?"

Lily opened her mouth to speak, but he interrupted her.

"Look, we could argue about this forever and we'd never agree, so let's drop it, okay? We're here, and I actually want to eat. I didn't get lunch either."

He'd brought her to Joe's because he thought it would be the one place he wouldn't run into many people she knew. Joe's was a little hole-in-the-wall that specialized in Cuban cuisine, and most of the BU students specialized in pizza, burgers, and beer. Nikoli had been surprised Lily knew it. She kept surprising him the longer he was around her.

"Nik!" Joe boomed when they walked in the door. He found himself tucked into a huge bear hug. Joe owned the place and treated the regulars like family. Nikoli loved it here. He'd sat here for hours programming a new game before, and Joe supplied him with food and beer for as long as necessary. Most people did coffee shops; Nikoli did Joe's.

"Hey, man." Nikoli grinned when he got loose. "Got a free table?"

"Always for you, my friend." Joe smiled and then looked past Nikoli to where Lily stood watching, amused. "And who is this?"

"Joe, this is Lily Holmes."

Joe frowned, and then he brightened. "Original Reuben?"

Lily smiled and nodded, causing Nikoli to frown.