XXIV.

━━ Ashton Irwin,June Eleventh

━━ Ashton Irwin,
June Eleventh. ━━

I wasn't upset at her outburst. She was upset, tired and wanted to yell all of her thoughts. So, instead of being upset, I held her as she cried and cried until the next morning. The day she was discharged.

I watched as Indigo's parents held her firmly as they walked away from my hospital. I had my arms crossed over my chest, and my eyebrows knitted.

Somehow, her parents were proven innocent and that meant Indigo went home with them. I was upset, and I could tell she was as well.

But, in reality, I am just a Doctor. There is not much I can do for this situation but report the parents. That's it.

I guess I had to move on.

━━ Indigo Rose,
Several Weeks Later. ━━

"D—Dad—" I laid on the floor, choking on my own words. "Please—"

Tears streamed down my face. I was starving, severely underweight, drugged, and dehydrated. I had cuts, bruises, and gashes all over my body. Within the past couple of weeks, it's like my parents became the spawn of satan.

They didn't care what my health was like, they cared that I had ruined their career and reputation.

"You're pathetic." My dad spat down at me, "I wish you were never born."

"Ethan, maybe we should—"

"Shut the fuck up, Jessica." My dad snapped, grabbing my shirt and forcing me up. He grabbed my neck and pushed me against a wall, picking me up by my neck.

I felt the air get knocked out of my lungs.

"You're the reason everythings went to shit." He spit in my face, "You're the reason we've failed."

"N—No!" I sobbed, choking on air. "I—I'll leave! I—I'll run away, so you can h—have another perfect child— please just let me go."

I felt like I was going to pass out.

I watched as he took a second to think about what I'd said.

"You have five minutes to run as far as you can, starting when you leave that front door. If I find you, I'll kill you myself." He said, leaning into my ear. "And I have sources to prove my innocence."

He was right.

He had many ways to kill me and hide it from everyone. I knew that. He let go of my neck, causing me to fall to the floor. I caught my breath as he walked away. Once I was stable, I ran.

It was pouring rain as I ran out of my house, and down the street to a hiding spot for a moment so that I could catch my breath. I leaned against a wall, feeling the sting of my cuts due to the water hitting it.

How could my two parents turn into such disgusting people?

I began thinking of places to go— and I remembered a place where I knew I'd be safe from anything.

━━ Third Person. ━━

Indigo Blanchard ran like her life depended on it.

She ran as far as her malnourished and dehydrated body could— and luckily, she ended up at the hospital she meant to be at. She hid behind the bushes, seeing cars pass by that she knew were ordered by her parents.

She walked slowly into the hospital. Her clothes soaked, and dirty like she'd rolled around in dirt several times. Her teeth chattered and she shivered. She looked crazy.

"E—Excuse me?" She walked up to the nearest doctor.

The doctor looked up— And terror covered her face. The teenager in front of her had mascara running down her cut up face, was dripping water, and shivering like crazy.

"Oh my god— My love, what happened?" She said, turning her attention to the young girl.

"I—I need to find Ashton irwin. Now." Indigo begged.

"Okay Darling, he's not in— but I can bring you to Luke Hemmings, his roommate. He's in surgery, but I'll bring you to the lookout and get him."

Indigo then felt safe for a second— praying her father wouldn't find her at all.

He wasn't even a father anymore.

"Right this way, love." She hummed, opening a door that had a staircase that led up to the lookout. "You first."

Indigo walked up the staircase, her legs wobbly from running here. She made her way up, and when she saw Luke— she wanted to cry.

"Excuse me, Doctor Hemmings?" The Doctor said into the vent.

"Yes? Oh, hello Doctor. What's up?" He hummed, glancing up to the lookout, not noticing the girl next to her.

"You need to come up here now." She said, gesturing to Indigo. "Have Dr. Evans take over."

Luke raised his eyebrows and his eyes followed to the small girl next to her. He widened his eyes when he realized it was Indigo next to Dr. Gerald.

He didn't need any more information after he saw Indigo.