Chapter 3- face to face

That night, Max went out to get Constance off his mind. He thought he was so rational about these things... Obviously, he was nowhere near rational on this one. What should he do? Confront her? Ask her what the hell just happened? Should he call the cops? Would they believe him? Either way, he was fucked up in his mind right about now.

He hated the irrationality of it... It was like having his balls cut off after having his frenulum flicked. He never been in this twisted situation running around in his mind before... Never. But that sentence still ran back and forth in his mind like a bee... Probably worse... Like a wasp.

Foxy Brown's Get Me Home started playing. Damn... He had forgotten it was couples night here. He ignored what he could, drinking his vodka silently before seeing a familiar sight... The black coat. He turned his head slightly, seeing it sit down at the far end of the bar, saying not a word. He looked down... Was the drink fucking him up already? All he had was one glass.

The bartender suddenly looked at the coat with a very distinct grin on his face... Like he knew something she didn't know.

"Choose your poison" he said.

The coat didn't respond, only tilt its head. "Don't want none..." it said in a whisper... Damn, even the whisper sounded fucked up.

"Your gonna need it..." the bartender walked to the far end of the bar, smirking as he dragged the rag across the glass in his hand. "... When i get through with you!"

Before anyone could respond, he turned, tossing a knife, hitting it at its throat. Max gasped, standing up in fright. What the fuck!! Was she dead? She didn't seem to fall yet. He looked to see the coat strip away from the body slowly before her hand reached for the dagger. Max watched as she tugged it out, without a flinch, and saw the wound slowly close and repaired. His rational brain shut down at that point. He just froze, watching the woman stand slowly. Her eyes watched the table as the bartender tried striking her down. Her hand blocked it, the knife cutting skin, but she shown not a sign of pain. She used her other arm, suddenly the arm falling off and onto the ground not too far, her hand replaced by a sword, her growling as she attacked him. Her sword scratched away his nose, him jumping back, suddenly, the bartender himself shed his skin... Until a giant reptile began to form... A cobra demon.

The girl seemed unscaved. Her head tilted up, but her eyes didn't do a thing... The cobra demon started tilting left and right, the people running out in a panic...

THE COBRA WAS TRYING TO HYPNOTIZE HER...

The cobra soon realized that his hypnotizing technique wasn't working. He growled some, staring at a smiling face of the woman. He tried to attack her, but her jump was precise... Jumping over the cobra, kicking it into the table. The cobra slicked its tail on her, her greabbing onto it with the remaining arm, and cracked it like a whip. She watched as it tried to strike her, but she was quicker. She grabbed onto it's fang and flipped onto its snout, stabbing the eyes. Before all else, she jumped off as it tried to strike her again, landing at one side of the room. She growled as she struck, launching as fast as the cobra tried to strike, and her sword swung down, slicing it's head off. Simple... The snake was gone already.

The boy stared at the arm before looking to her. The cobra body seemed to decitigrate into nothingness, including it's head. Constance walked to the arm, and lifted it. As she did, Max, scattered to stand, staring at her. "What..."

She stopped moving at that moment. She looked over towards him, but not at him. "What the fuck are you?"

She sighed as she slid the arms down on the sword, and it quickly healed into a whole arm. Afterwards, she walked towards him. "What... Do you think i am?"

"What?"

She grunted, doubling over for a scream. Maxwas confused. What the hell just happened.

He watched as she looke dlike she was puking, and out came an organ... An intestine. Max felt like barfing himself, it looked so disgusting. As he watched, though, that intestine cracked, broke, aged, and became ash. She coughed as she held her stomach. she grunted as she stood, sighing as she got her coat, and walked out.

Wait! Where the hell was she going off to now?!

He ran after her. Damn, was she fast!

He followed her down Flaggard street, grabbing onto her shoulder. She turned and grabbed him by his shirt. "WHOA! WHOA!. Whoa..."

"Why the hell are you following me?"

"Um..."

"If you got no good reason to, leave me alone"

She tossed him aside, him hitting his head against concrete

"How... How did you end up like this?"

This made her stop moving. She turned to him. "It's none of your damn business... Why does it concern you?"

"Well, aside from the fact that i just watch you kill a giant cobra and take your arm off to reveal this mondo sword and the fact that you killed an old man for no reason..."

"An old man?" she looked at him. "That old man was a dealer from hell... He made deals... in exchange for something else... I'm a product of a deal"

Max stared at her. "Want to tell me the story?"

"Why should it matter to you?"

"Because i want to know!"

"Well, get used to the disappointment."

She turned and walked off, leaving Max at the street... He's gonna find a way to get the whole story...

"Hey!"

Max looked around to see the professor again. "You want to know her story?"

"You know?"

"Know? Hell... I'm the one that saved her tookus"