A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story

Malana's Point of View:

I love Pittsburgh. The scenery, the people, the atmosphere, and mainly the sports, but I hate how boring it is. Granted there's the strip district and the stadiums, but you can only look at so much sports stuff and spend so much money on Pens or Steelers tickets before you start seeing black and gold when you're trying to fall asleep.

So here I am, with my friends, in a bar. We're not really the bar type, but this is the place to be when your our age and you don't have tickets to Consol.

The Pens game just ended. Pens beat the Islanders 4-2. Now it's time for me and the girls to have some fun. Although we're all over 21 we agreed not to get drunk. We're just not the type. So, we were dancing around acting crazy. Finally Mols and I went and sat down. Mel and Mils can go all night, but we need to rest every once in a while.

Mols turned to me with a wry smile on her face. "So, I heard the Pens sometimes come in here after a win."

"Ha ya I'm sure we'll get to see them. I've been living close to Pittsburgh my entire life and I have yet to catch a glimpse of them other than at a game or open practice."

"One day."

"I wish."

We sat there in silence for a while. We're both just comfortable to sit around and think. Eventually I heard the door open. I was to busy with my thoughts to really care. I did notice that the door stayed open for a while seemingly a large group. Then the whole place started clapping and going wild. I finally looked. O MY GOSH!!!!

"Do you see what I see."Mols finally asked with her mouth hanging open. So I wasn't imagining it.

I just nodded not trusting myself to speak. The Pens took the table quite a distance away from ours, surprisingly.If it were any other team they would have asked for their own room, but the Pens like to be with fans.

I could see everyone of the amazing people I've grown to admire. And OH MY GOD Sidney Crosby. I am currently inthe presence of the greatest hockey player in the world.

--2 hours later--

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually just acting crazy again. It's like the Pittsburgh Penguins aren't even here. It's just a bunch of normal guys sitting in the corner, granted they're a bunch of amazingly hot guys who I happen to watch every day, but normal.

The really crazy part is how well my friends get along with some of the players. It's crazy that they're all talking to the guys they've had crushes on forever.

Mels over by the team talking to Geno. Well trying to talk to Geno... I automatically started to make up couple names for them. I am definitely going to have some fun with this.

Mils and Superstar also seem to be getting along really well. They would considering they have the same exact personality. They're both hilarious and very outgoing. Although, Talbots known for being quite the player but I know Mils well enough to know not to worry about her.

Staallzy seems to really be making an impression on Mols to. They would be really good for each other, not to mention adorable.

This is great for them although I can see the whole 7th wheel thing starting again. It seems like they always have boyfriends. Don't get me wrong I do to. It's just guys always seem to think I'm the one night stand type of girl, because of what I look like. Believe me I'm not though.

"Are you feeling like the 7th wheel to?" someone sat down beside me chuckling. I must have been lost in thought because he scared the crap out of me.

I turned my head to answer and immediately my eyes locked on a pair of amazing hazel ones. I felt my heartbeat go out of control. "Haha ya. I don't really mind though. Despite what you may think it's not everyday you meet the Pittsburgh Penguins." I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Really?! I swear I see those guys at least once a day..." he trailed off.

"Hmph, must beseeing things, I hear they hide in a hole when they're not playing." I returned.

"Do they have to dig the hole themselves or does that come standard with their contract?" he smirked.

"C'mon if they were tough enough to dig a hole they'd be curling not playing hokey." I responded. How do you like that tough kid?

"Are you implying that hockey players aren't tough?" he asked.

"Are you implying I'm the type of person to make implications?" I asked, earning a laugh. Wow, that has got to be the most adorable sound I've ever heard.

"No, but really I've been living here forever and never see yinz." I said.

"Haha. I can tell you live here, you definitely have the accent. And we do come out, maybe you just have bad timing." he answered.

"Ya that sounds like me." I laughed. "Oh and even though you've heard this 1000 times tonight good game, not your best, but good."

"Actually I think your the only one that elaborated on the "good game" statement." he stated.

"Meaning?"

"Most people aren't honest enough to say not your best." he replied.

"Oh, sorry that was rude." I blushed.

"No that's a good thing! It means more to me to hear someone be honest than just the "you're amazing you never have a bad game" bs." he explained.

I blushed.

"So, tell me about yourself." he encouraged.

--another 2 hours--

"Favorite color?" Sid asked.

"Red or pink." I answered.

"You're such a girl." He mocked me.

"Some guys find that to be a pretty endearing quality of mine." I smirked.

He smiled, "favorite animal?"

Before I could answer Mols and Staalzy made their way over.

"Sid, man, we need to leave." Jordan stated.

"Why? It's only....Oh shit dude it's three in the morning!" Sid revealed. Wow, I can't believe it it got so late so fast. I have an early math class to. Great.

"I know. Most of the guys already left." Jordan answered. I looked around and sure enough most of the players had left. How did I miss that? "So meet me at the car in 10?"

"Ya I'll be right there." Sid answered.

Jordan walked away and Mols told me she'd meet me at the front.

"So." Sid said seeming uncomfortable. "This was fun."

"Ya" I smiled.

"So.. um... what are you doing Friday?" he blushed. Aww he was nervous to ask me out. Wait, Sidney Crosby just asked me out!!!!!!!!

"Nothing as of now." I smiled.

"We should um go do something, you know get me out of that hole."

"Ya that would be great! Maybe we could find a curling sheet." I grinned. This is not happening!!

He seemed to sigh of relieve. "Great!" He handed me his phone. I typed my information in his while he put his number in mine.

"So I'll text you later." He said.

"Ok bye." I smiled.

"Bye." he smiled in return.