"And if we do, what then?" asked Isabela.

Camilo turned to Isabela. "What do you mean?" he asked her.

She walked up closer to face him.

"If we tell our parents then what's to stop Tía Pepa from getting so enraged that she causes a hurricane?" Isabela asked as if it were so obvious.

"I say let her do it!" Camilo said, without hesitation. "Let Mami teach him a lesson! We can all do that!"

"I'm afraid using our Gifts like that will not solve anything. Quite the opposite, actually," said Isabela with her arms folded. "Let's not forget, they don't live here in the Encanto. If we try to threaten the father with our Gifts, then all he has to do is pack his bags early and leave without ever coming back and you can guess who all is going back with him. Then you'll never see Hanna again and nothing would've changed for the better."

Camilo felt his heart sinking. His hands were in tight fists. But then he shook his head and said, "Hanna can stay here! With us! With me!"

Isabela shook her own head at him in disbelief.

"Camilo, be reasonable for once," Isabela said, unimpressed. "Are you really gonna take her away from her family? From her sister?"

"She doesn't seem to care much about Hanna anyway!" Camilo said, annoyed.

"No. You're wrong, Camilo," said Luisa. "Amalia cares deeply about her sister. She didn't say much to us when we talked with her. But I could tell from the way she talked about Hanna that Amalia needs her."

Camilo looked skeptical. But Luisa continued. "Amalia may seem content with her life, receiving love from both parents and being praised by her dad constantly," she said. "But I think there's more going on than what is shown on the surface. I think she's also carrying something pretty heavy inside herself."

"Yes," Isabela agreed. "Amalia is definitely keeping up that "little miss perfect act" if you ask me. She's pretending that everything is perfect too."

Dolores walked up closer to Camilo and said, "Hanna was quick to open herself up to you. But from what I could hear from Isabela, Amalia is much more tight-lipped when it comes to their family."

"Why?" Camilo asked, bewildered.

"Well, that's what we are trying to find out isn't it?" Dolores asked. She put her hands on Camilo's shoulders and said, "Camilo, listen. You're a selfless caregiver. You care so much. You're also in love. You have strong feelings for Hanna. It's only natural you feel like you want to save her. But we have to be careful. One wrong move and things could become worse, especially for Hanna. We all are here, wanting to protect her, but this is a situation where it can't just be solved with magic."

Camilo said nothing. He felt hopeless, angry, and very sad. He knew they all had a valid point, but he didn't want to admit it. His shoulders were shaking under Dolores's hands. "What should I do?" he asked, quietly.

Dolores half smiled and said, "For now, just be there for her as much as you can. Be the kind of person she needs you to be. And I don't mean your shape-shifting."

Camilo looked up sadly at his sister and nodded, silently.

Dolores then said in a gentle voice, "I could hear the two of you in your room, talking. I was very proud of the way you handled yourself around her. You really take after Papa. You know that?"

Camilo smiled back at her. Isabela and Luisa were also smiling as they watched the two of them.

"And hey! You two have a date tomorrow!" Dolores said suddenly in a more cheerful voice. "I think she's very much looking forward to that."

Camilo looked at her, wide-eyed, and blushed deeply.

"Way to go, Camilo. Whoever knew you were such a ladies' man," Isabela teased.

Camilo ruffled his hair in embarrassment.

Dolores giggled."Come on. Get some sleep," she said, kindly. The three girls and Camilo finally made their way upstairs, saying goodnight.

Camilo finally went up to his room. He slipped off his sandals and tugged his ruana over his head. He unbuttoned his shirt, letting it fall to the floor with his ruana, then got into his hammock and under his blanket. Camilo stared up at the ceiling, trying to veer his thoughts away from his disdain towards Hanna's father and focused on Hanna herself instead. He thought of the color of her eyes. The way she smiled at him. The feel of the smooth skin on her hand. The way her body moved as she danced with him. The sound of her voice. Despite all the suffering she was having to endure, she was kind and hopeful. She was an outsider and yet she was so quick to accept him. Accept all of him, including his feelings of being lost within himself. Camilo put a hand over his heart, feeling it pounding in his ribcage. He hoped that it would calm down soon for he needed his sleep to prepare for the day ahead.