6|Promises

Kesariya Tera
Ishq hai piyaaa
Rang jau jo mai haath lagaun
Din beete saara
Teri fikr mei
Rain saari Teri khair manau

~~~

Yeh sab kya hai Manik !

What ? You think I'll let anyone step over you just like that ! They're gonna pay for it. Waise bhi it wasn't a secret or anything
Nandini looked at him dumbfounded.

Yes Manik has always protected her but his words are somehow affecting her in a very different light these days.

When they got married Nandini did expect Manik to burst out on her, maybe because she was made to think that it was hr fault that the supposed groom ran away.

Courtesy ; old ladies and thier taunts.

However Manik amazed her yet again, standing by her side and acknowledging thier marriage.

It made her heart flutter a bit, jus a bit.

“ I don't want people to question you Manik, I know tumko pata chal gaya hoga about my encounter with those reporters ”
Manik didn't like her sad puppy face, lifting up her chin he said

“ I don't like people questioning YOU, honestly speaking I'm used to this but you don't like this attention and I'm aware of it. It totally slipped my mind, I'll assign a few gaurds for you and yeah before you rant lemme explain, they'll not be men in black types, they'll not suffocate you and also I'll make sure you remain unbothered. ”
It was enough for Nandini to hug him. She knew Manik would never let her down, but she was still overwhelmed with the chain of events.

Manik rubbed her back pressing a kiss on the side of her head. He could feel her shivering

“ Achaa bas bas bohot senti ho li tum, ab jao freshen up. We're going to some mandir today, wo shaadi ke baad ki ritual hai. Mom wanted us to go but look you can tell if you're not comfortable, no one's gonna force you ”
As Manik spoke, his eyes held hope. Nandini looked at him in awe, he always kept her first. She considered herself lucky to have a friend like Manik in her life.

“ Areee what uncomfortable, ritual hai toh nibhayenge na, gimme 30 minutes mai ready hoti hun. You too change, tracks me thodi jaoge ?! ”
Her hearty giggles sent him over the trip as Nandini made her way to the washroom

He was scared she would refuse to go with him because her beliefs regarding marriage and love were too strong and this is no bollywood saga where feelings change overnight. It would've hurt him but he would not ask her again however when she said she wants to go and more precisely

Ritual hai toh nibhayenge na

His heart danced in joy, there was a seed of doubt. Maybe Nandini was considering giving this marrige a chance.

Smiling like a dork Manik went to the guestroom taking his clothes and locked the room.

Manik walked down talking to his manager on phone

Haa I've got your mail, I'll check the dates and then confirm you. Rashi ek kaam karo cancell my meeting with Q label today. And tum bhi ghar hi aajao, Nandini and I are going out today, wo Mandir jana hai. Tum bhi Veer and Arohi ke saath time spend kar lena. Yeah ok. Bye ”
He cut the call and turned around only to get lost in his wife's beauty who looked no less than the moon itself wearing a beautiful pink dress.

 Bye ”He cut the call and turned around only to get lost in his wife's beauty who looked no less than the moon itself wearing a beautiful pink dress

“ Manikkkkk ”
She yelled making him come back to reality, he looked at her to see her frowning.

“ Kab se bula rahi hoon, tum bas aise ghoor ke dekh rahe ho ! Over hogaya kya ? ”
She asked checking out her dress and fixing the dupatta.

“ You look so pretty ! Come here ”
Manik said taking out his phone and as Nandini looked at him he clicked her picture.

“ Dikhao mujhe bhi, kaisi picture aayi hai meri ”

“ Nahi dikhaunga ”
He said making a ‘ tch ’ doing and stretching his hand making Nandini glare at him since she couldn't reach him.

Manikk don't irritate me dikhao na ”
Ye shook his head and sticking out his tongue ran away, Nandini too held her dress in her hands and marched behind Manik. In between she threw cushions at him which he easily dodged.

“ Come on shorty catch me ”
Manik teased her running away and Nandini muttered all the colourful words she could gather in her mind at the moment.

“ Manik, you are so gone ”
Hearing her yell Manik turned only to collide with Nandini as they both fell on the ground knocking down a beautiful glass vase which created a lot of sound.

Hearing the noise, Naina and Adhiraj came out and saw Nandini hovering Manik, his hand held her waist and her hair hid third faces.

Adhiraj widen his eyes and looked away while Naina clapped geer hands bringing them out of thier revery.

“ Adhiraj seekho kuchh in bacho se, see how romantic they are. Aur ek tum ho. Huh ! ”
Saying this she did that taking the evil eyes off gesture with her hands and went to the kitchen while Adhiraj turned to them

“ Tum logo ko romance yahi karna tha ? Room mein karte na ! See ab ye gussa ho gayi ”
Nandini looked down and Manik didn't make any eye contact as his wife opened her mouth.

“ Nahi dad wo ham kuch nahi kar rahe the pakka, aap ho soch rahe ho wo toh bilkul nahi. Waise bhi living room thodi koi suitable jagah hai ”
As soon as Nandini completed both the he Malhotra men gaped. Adhiraj went to his wife being embarassed and Manik palmed her mouth.

“ Kuchh bhi bolti ho ! How naive can you be shorty ”
Nandini frowned unable to understand what did she speak which got her these wierd reactions.

“ Achha now chalo go, tum log niklo jaldi. Mandir jaake jaldi aao fir shaam ko kuchh guests aa rahe hai muh dikhai ke liye ”
Naina spoke fixing Nandini's hair which were a tangled mess right now, after fighting with her dear husband.

Manik who was talking with Veer and Arohi looked at Nandini who was taking to his mother or more precisely giggling at something she said and a small smile took place on his face.

I promise Nandini tumhari ye smile kabhi tumhare chehre se jaane nahi doonga !

***
So how was it ?

It's my momma's birthday 🥳

Pweass vote, comment and follow me.

Much Love
Vishakha ✨