Chapter 4

I woke up in a prison cell. Oh no! I've gotten caught and probably sentenced to death for something I didn't do. I felt something hot and wet, roll down my face and onto the back of my hand. I just stared at my knees, thinking of some way to get out.

I dug in my pockets, but all I could find was a peppermint wrapper, a dollar bill, and a cigarette lighter. (I don't smoke.) WAIT A CIGARETTE LIGHTER??

I saw some straw under the bed. Why would they put straw under there? That, I don't know. Time to make some fire. I started the cigarette lighter, which created a little flame.

After a while, I was sitting on the ground watching the flames start to dance up my bed sheets. This looked like the only prison cell around. But I was a risky girl. I had no choice but to keep trying the same thing in every cell, assuming there were any more.

I guess I'd better start yelling. I screamed, shouted, kicked, punched, the bars, which of course made my knuckles bleed. Finally, a few of the guards came and let me out. While some were trying desperately to put the fire out, and some trying to get ahold of the firemen, I decided to make a run for it.

I felt a strong pair of arms snake around my waist before I could take a step. Great. "Not so fast princess." Said Ian. I kicked him in the groin and he stumbled back, while I was dodging, rolling, flipping, twirling even. I probably looked like a Viking dancer or something.

I finally found the entrance, which was guarded by two FBI members, and four cops. I took down the cops, but the FBI people were hard.

I was panting when I took down the first, but the next didn't even look fazed. I kicked him in the jaw, only to get rewarded with a kick in the stomach. After about twenty minutes, he was finally down. I could've been a mile away from this Temple of the Devil.

I quickly made a run for it, blocking out the sirens behind me. They were either cop cars coming after me, firemen, or both. I kept running until I reached the woods. After I was pretty deep in this forest, I couldn't hear any sirens. I slid down a tree trunk and started sobbing.

"Stupid teacher." I managed between sobs. I got up and decided to make a shelter. I was lost. Perfect. Just perfect.