Chapter Seventeen: New Ideas

"How old are you darling?" Mrs.Manheymen politely asks me.

"I'm twenty-three," I simply state. I didn't want to add much more. For all I know there might be more werewolves that are against me. They're supernatural people, so I don't want to get on their bad side. That's just a no-no to them since they're dominating people.

Looking closely at Mrs.Manheymen, she looks at me in shock. "Really?" she questions me, not believing my current age. It's normal though. Everybody keeps telling me that I look so young. "You look so young." She comments. "Not to offend you but your height is definitely not suitable for your age." She openly states.

Mr.Manheymen incredulously looks at his wife, "Honey, let's not bombard this lovely lady with your witty answers." Mr.Manheymen picks up his fork, shaking it for his wife to stop. "You weren't like that when we were young."

Mrs.Manhyemen brushes him off, "Of course I wasn't like that when we were young. Trent, I'm your wife now, not your teenage girlfriend." She snaps. "And plus, you were ungrateful to me in the past and until now, you're still ungrateful to me."

Everybody laughs at them. They're probably used to their childish bickering.  

"Aw, honey isn't sex enough for you?" Mr.Manheymen childishly asks. Mr.Hemington lets out a hardy laugh and so does the other people in this table.

Mrs.Manheymen glares at his husband, "This is the reason why we only have two children. You're sex jokes aren't funny, you old man." She shoves a spoon full of peas in her mouth while glaring at her husband. On the other hand, Mr.Manheymen keeps the wide grin on his face.

"Come on babe, don't get mad at me. I didn't do anything that bad." Mr.Manheymen begs, puckering his bottom lip while pulling out the goo-goo eyes. "I'm sorry and I love you."

Mrs.Manheymen doesn't change her expression from his begging state. "I will eventually get tired of your sexual jokes that somehow, our family laughs at. You're being childish Trent, and you're over forty years old!" She snaps at him. "It was lovely of you to bring Blake's mate, but I think this situation is just useless. It's Blake's choice to be with someone he wants." She abruptly states, shocking everyone.

"Mother, don't be rude." A boy scolds.

Mrs.Manheymen bangs her hands on the table, in a drum like form. "Bazinga!" She happily exclaims, making the whole table full of people laugh at her. "Oh you guys, you know that Mama Charel is full of jokes."

The boy lets out a sigh, "Mom, you're not funny." He eyes his mother, "And you're not Sheldon Cooper."

Mrs.Manheymen glares at her son, "Don't you dare say those words. I'm your mother and I'm funnier than you!" Mr.Hemington laughs at his nephew. He gets up from his chair and high fives Mrs.Manheymen. "And you love it when I sing Soft Kitty!"

The boy reddens, "Mom, you're embarrassing me."

 Mr.Manheymen gives a reassuring smile to his son, "I think that's enough." He sighs, "I called you guys for a reason. We're here to help Avery with her situation." Taking my hand, he rubs it in a comforting way. "We're here to help you."

After that was settled in, a few more people decided to open up. As much as possible, they wanted to stay out of the scene so it won't be that revealing but at the same time, they wanted to help me out so nothing goes wrong. With this conversation, Blake's family started to open up to me. Even Mia decided to talk about a few things and socialize with the others.

I know that I didn't want this for the both of us, but I had no choice. It's either, try or suffer. I didn't want to suffer. Right now, my brain is killing me because I can't concentrate on one thing. Ever since Blake came into the picture, my life went bonkers. I thought that I will be like the others. I will grow up, get a job, get a boyfriend, get married, and then kids. I wanted a simple yet exciting life, but I guess my destiny is in stored for something else.

Apparently, I will make history with Blake.

"What about a masquerade event?" Mrs.Hemington suggests.

"No, everyone will know, it's her." Her husband points out. "Blake will just scold us, telling us that what we did was just plain stupidity." Everyone seated at the table nods their head in agreement. "Let's just think about it in a way that it doesn't really involve all of us in the situation. It only avails the both of them." Mr.Hemington rubs his head and squints, his eyes in attempt of thinking. "She needs to do something that's less sinful or non-sinful, since she has that innocent and naïve aura."

"Do you play an instrument?" Mia asks, abruptly.

Nodding, "Yes, I play the piano, drums, and cello." I say, taking a sip of water from the very expensive looking glass. This house has a lot of expensive stuff, and don't get me started on the utensils. There are at least two gold utensils in front of me. When we started eating, I had to take the regular size of spoon and fork. My family wasn't rich. We simply had the money enough for all the things needed in order for us to live a healthy living lifestyle.

"Good, now teach me how to play the piano." She answers simply. "End of discussion, my idea is probably the best." She brags. "It doesn't involve all of us, it only involves Dad. Blake knows that Dad only knows who his mate is."

Mr.Manheymen puts on a sour face, "So what you're saying is that I'll take the blame for everything." Mia nods. "Mia, as your father you know that I love you. But sometimes you are the devil in this house." Mr.Manheymen admits.

"Dad," Mia whines.

Mr.Manheymen puts up his hands, "Hey! I told you that I love you!" He interjects, smiling at his daughter. "I love you so much that you make my head spin around every single day!" He exclaims. As a father he's honest in a good way. I never saw Mr.Manheymen's smile falter, unless he's joking around or talking serious business.

"What about Uncle Blake? How is he going to see the both of you?" Chase, Mr.Manheymen's son asks. Chase was obviously the very hunky-boy. He had biceps bigger than ordinary biceps. He also wore a plain sweater, unlike most men situated on the table.

"We can call him in for dinner or lunch on a weekend?" Mia suggests.

Mrs.Manheymen nods, "I can do that. You're father deserves a punishment for talking about sex." Mrs.Manhyemen smirks. "Your butt is going to get whooped by the King."

Author's note: I'm sorry for the day-late update. I was busy on working a gift for my mother. The next update is quite exciting! And I'm thinking about a twist for Why Him? do you guys have any suggestions for the twist? If you like this chapter, please do vote, comment and follow!