XX

|War|

___

When the two prince's finished their dinner they changed settings, moving to the lounge area in the castle. A vast room decorated in shimmering golds and deep reds, dim lights and white candles. They both sat on either side of the couch, wine in hands, one human-like thing the two could enjoy.

Their dinner had gone surprisingly well, Mingyu was a storyteller of sorts, he spoke of his travels and the people he had met along the way. One story that stuck out to Seungkwan, in particular, took place in the desert regions, where he had stumbled upon a village riddled with escorts. It focused on one particular male entertainer. A man who was called Midnight for his black hair and sharp eyes. He recalled Mingyu saying it was the first time he was ever enchanted by someone, he even extended his stay for a few months so he could spend time with the entertainer. Apparently, he didn't even touch him during the time they spent, simply paid for their company. 

It must have stuck with Seungkwan because he didn't see Mingyu as the love-at-first-sight type of person. Of course, if Seungkwan had suggested that was the case, Mingyu would surely deny it. So he kept it to himself.

Plus, not that it mattered, that story apparently took place years ago and it wasn't like the two of them could have kept in contact. The two kingdoms at the time, Seungkwan was sure of it, were caught up in a nasty war. That village is most likely deserted and the man is most likely dead.

"So, do tell me about your time at war," Seungkwan said as he sipped his wine. He could tell in the corner of his eyes that he was being watched with a stern eye, by no other than his knight, who he had been ignoring for the whole evening.

Seungkwan couldn't quite tell whether Vernon was at all being affected by his little act. He hadn't said anything or done anything. Even when Seungkwan had gripped Mingyu's hand at the table, he was sure the expression on his knight's face would change to a grimace but nothing of the sort happened.

"Awe yes, war," Mingyu delighted at the mention and placed his wine glass down on the coffee table in front of him. "What in particular do you wish to hear about?"

Seungkwan turned to Mingyu, a teasing smile spread across his face, "have you really bagged and beaten people to death?"

Mingyu finally turned to him, an eyebrow raised and an amused smile spread across his face, "why do you want to know such a thing? I was sure you'd ask about my achievements in an attempt to woo me."

Seungkwan snickered and patted Mingyu's leg before deciding to leave it placed there, in case there were any chances for him to sneak in a squeeze into those sweetly toned muscles. "Oh please, I thought I already had... you're quite the hard catch, aren't you?"

"I don't mind a bit of fun every once and a while, I'm not as prude as you may think," Mingyu smirked at him, and it surprisingly caught Seungkwan off guard. He didn't expect to see such an expression like that, especially so soon. Perhaps the wine was getting to him.

Screw His Highness |Verkwan|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara