Chapter 25: Bittersweet Moments: Part2

Start from the beginning

.

I shook my head, "I don't live with my parents so I don't see her regularly. Plus I'm currently building my home so I've been very busy. I'll ask my sister if she noticed any changes in her."

.

She nodded, "Please do because if it's early, she still has a fighting chance. She can start taking meds, change her diet and do some exercises to keep herself healthy. My dad is stubborn and his health has deteriorated so it's always a touch-and-go with him." She spoke about her dad with certain sadness.

.

I don't know why but I felt her pain. I remembered all the people Jimin and I helped when we were in our brotherly programme at the university. All my instincts came flooding back and I felt the need to help her. "What does your dad do? Meaning his job," I asked. I thought that maybe if he got back on his feet to do something he loved, it could motivate him to stay healthy and live longer.

.

Mei smiled. She was a good looking girl and I saw the youth on her face, "Oh he was a jack of all trades. He was a plumber, an electrician, a gardener/landscaper..."

.

When she said 'gardener/landscaper' I remembered one of the suggestions that was made from a community that my company helped developed, "Hmm. I'm in need of someone with those expertise to help out with some of the apartments we built. There's one small community begging for a garden to help spruce up the place. Would your dad be interested?"

.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I could ask him. He was very good at that. He hand-built my mother's rose garden."

.

"Great. Here's a card for the manager for the apartment complex. She will help him with anything that he needs."

.

Mei looked at the card and then asked, "This isn't your card. Wouldn't he be working for you?"

.

I chuckled, "Well technically, yes but he'll be on assignment for that building. It's a small complex that he can start off and once he's able to continue, I can give him something a little more challenging."

.

"Hmm... like maybe help with your house?"

.

I shook my head. I didn't want to get too personal with this girl, "Well I doubt that."

.

"Why not? I would love to see your home. I'm sure it's beautiful," she said as she lowered her eyelashes and her cheeks got a pinkish-red colour.

.

Then I got a feeling from Mei. It kinda reminded me of Barbara. SHIT! I had to nip that in the bud immediately, "Mei. I'm sorry but I..." But she surprised me by quickly grabbing on to the side of my arms and she pulled herself up to give me a short kiss on my lips. FUCK! WHAT THE HELL? I immediately pulled back from her. I was horrified but then I felt it. I felt the eyes of someone watching us down the corridor. I looked up and saw the most beautiful man I ever laid eyes upon...

.

OMG!!! JIMIN!!!

.

JIMIN WAS HERE!!!

.

"JIMIN!!!" And I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. "OMG! You're really here," I said as I planted little kisses on his lips and cheeks but he remained still. He was holding a bouquet of flowers I assumed was for my mother but his other hand was at his side. Then I wondered, "Why didn't you tell me you were coming? When did you get in? How did you know about mom?"