Extra info

-this story is a complete personification of the 8 (or 7 if you count trust and reverence as a unified stage) stages of love Lyra talks about in the biggening of the book, in which each chapter is named as a certain emotion the characters feel in it from those said stages (or a synonym of each stage). It was also a form of foreshadowing to Lyra's death and the time lyra and apollo truly fell in love.

-The story 'Layla & Majnun' was mentioned in the chapter 'Trust'. I searched specifically for starstruck lovers and picked those two to represent Lyra & Apollo (also another type of foreshadowing that Lyra and Apollo wont truly stay together). Lyra died Physically, like Layla, but Apollo died emotionally, like Majnun first did.

-Mr. Benjamin was completely inspired by my old English teacher. since I couldn't figure out what to name this character, I chose my teacher's name. He's also as sassy as my teacher in real life.

-Lyra was a character I wrote filled with my own flaws and the characteristics I want to have. She is basically a mix of who I am and who I want to be, so many of the conflicts she goes through are a projection of my own conflicts. The problems she faces due to her personality (even though the first part of the story seemed like a smooth sailing for her) are also problems I have gone through.

-Aphrodite has Japanese roots, Faith is African American, Elias is Hispanic. This may have not been hinted in the story because it focused on Lyra and Apollo, not the side characters/ friend group.

-The university Olivia, Ben, and Wayne went to was called SHU, as mentioned in the story. SHU stands for Shit Head University :)

-Luna, Ajax, Adrian, Ameera and Travis are all inspired by my family members, even if it were a very small inspiration. Each character has a similarity with each corresponding member of my family, that's why I hold these characters dear to my heart.