From Fan to Forever

Hi readers, so my first ADULT f/f romance novel, From Fan to Forever, launches in two weeks with Ylva Publishing! This is a sizzling age-gap romance between a university student and an actress who needs help preparing for her role in a movie.

This week, I wanted to share a special sneak peek of Chapter 1 with you!

You can pre-order the book now if you're interested – just head to my website at tianawarner.com :)

CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

Dragging Home a Moose Floatie

I've been away for one night, and in that time, my street has turned into a movie set.

Easing my car to a stop behind an orange-and-white-striped barricade, I gape at the crowds, white tents, and trailers filling the intersection in front of my apartment. A metal fence surrounds the area like a crime scene.

My gut twists and I tighten my grip on the steering wheel. On any other day, this would be exciting, but all I want right now are my bathtub, bed, and painkillers. Today is supposed to be a blissful day off before I have to start my master's thesis research, not a daring crusade to get to my front door.

A crane lifts a camera high into the air, where ropes and wires crisscross above the set. Is that a zip-line leading into my favorite pizza place? What kind of over-the-top action flick is this?

My third-floor balcony is visible from here, with its two wooden patio chairs and the wilted hydrangeas that Abby and I never remember to water. In the window beside it, my dark bedroom curtains are shut, as always.

Staying home to spy on the set would have been more fun than that stupid-ass camping trip, but here I am, sweaty and hungover.

Scowling, I back up my rusty, old SUV and circle the block, searching for a way into the parkade.

In the rearview, my reflection is waxy and pale, and my short, sandy hair is so greasy that it's a shade darker, like I've just come out of the shower. Self-loathing has sucked the confidence from my posture.

Yeah, I was an idiot, but in my defense, Julia was flirting with me and totally into it.

"ʻOoh, Rachel, let's get naked in the lake together,ʼ" I say to the windshield, mimicking her sultry tone.

It's hard to believe that the unspoken thing between us is over—late-night study sessions, hanging out after class, inside jokes, our shared suffering as we both go after master's degrees in medical physics. She'd quickly become a good friend, and after she found out I'm a lesbian, she started asking questions about my love life and wanting to hang out more—like she was curious. Like maybe she thought she wasn't straight and wanted to explore some things.

Months of anticipation, over in one night, leaving me hollow.

This camping trip was supposed to be a big end-of-term celebration for our department. For Julia and me, it was a culmination, an excuse to get drunk and spend a couple of nights together.