Been there Done that Seen what?- Folded Hands

Chapter:

My jaw fell, but not in an offensive way. When I could regain the place where I stood I asked, "Really?" She nodded, and said "Shocking right? We don't look or sound the same at all, and our last names are different, so a lot of people don't know we're related, it sucks too, because people, especially girls think that just 'cause he's been with a few girls here and there, that he's a player." I gulped, feeling a bit low. She dried her hands and threw the paper towel away, and continued looking in the mirror to fix her glasses.

"That's very judgemental of people," I said. "Mhm! It is, he's a real sweet guy once you get to know him." I stood at the sink leaning on my hip, and tapping my nails on the sink, while biting my lip. "So, has he ever had a girlfriend?" She looked straight at me, and I stood straight, and folded my hands. "Honestly, only one, and he hardly ever talks about her, I should probably get going, I'm pretty sure the horn section needs me." She gave a light chuckle.

"Oh, well it was nice to meet you Rowina. I hope we can hang out sometime." "Really? You'd like to hang out?" "Of course!" She smiled, and said "Wow, you're really not a bitch!" Oh- totally didn't see that coming. "Sorry I didn't mean it like that, I just heard Melissa say it at lunch." Argh Melissa, it never fails.

"Oh, well it's not the first time I've heard it from girls like her, and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last."

"That's terrible." She added, and right as I was about to reply, the bell rang again and Rowina's face turned from happy to worry. "I'm sorry that I kept you for so long," she gave a weak chuckle and said "heh heh hey! No problem, uhm I'll see you tomorrow then." I smiled and waved goodbye, grabbing my bag and heading to the opposite side of the building for my Algebra 3/4 class.

Down five halls, up a flight of stairs, and around three corners sits my sixth period. I walked in and sat down, and right when the bell rang, I spaced out completely, and practically ran into a wall outside.

I walked to the back building, and my friends Jake, Mirianda, Korey, and Laurel were all crowded around a tree, Jake and Korey were wrestling while Miranda and Laurel were sitting in the branches of the tree. I slipped my shades on and approaced them, they all became silent. "Ditcher!" Shouted Jake, while picking me up and twirling me around in a circle. I laughed, and when he put me down I saw Miranda and Laurel glaring at me.

"What's up your ass?" I asked them, boy were they suprised! Laurel scoffed, and slid from the tree, pulling Korey's arm away. "You know if I'd known you better Korey! I would've thought that Laurel told you about her 'chat' with Michael last night!" She looked back and glared more at me, figures Laurel and I were what you called "fake friends."

"You trying to start trouble?" Said Miranda rather snoody. "What? I'm sorry I left you at lunch, what's up?" Miranda and Jake glanced at each other than me, and Miranda said "I don't know how to say this, but I'm going to try and put this as lightly as I can ok?" I nodded, "Ok, go tell me." I fixed my bag on my shoulder, and leaned on my hip with my arms crossed.

"Uhm, well-Jake and I saw Jude after lunch, you know after you left him. And well- we saw him making out with Melissa." Honestly? My heart dropped and my face lit up, masking away my true feelings.