Chapter 10: Why King?

Media: https://pin.it/10ecWEe

Feng Yanyan woke up in cold sweat even before the sun had risen. In his dream, he was being chased by a zombie named Wan Li.

The rotting corpse was clothed with princely robes. It kept screaming that he was Wan Li and those who killed him would pay the price.

Now that he had woken up, Feng Yanyan was aggrieved. Big brother, if you are a ghost, why are you following me?

But of course, in the waking hours, only a few people regarded dreams seriously. His thoughts soon drifted to his situation.

Last night, he offended Wan Li Wang. Feng Yanyan was really puzzled. Was he having an early onset of dementia?

He clearly remembered Wan Li Wang was described as a male in the book. How did he become a woman? As far as Feng Yanyan knew, the genre was BL and not gender-bender.

Trying to recall if there were any other discrepancies, the young man could be seen clutching his head. But it was all in vain...

His little brain couldn't remember too much.

What he only knew was the current status quo. Empress Yao basically suppressed the young Emperor. Her Majesty had control not just in the harem but also in the ministry, in tandem with her grandfather who was the Left Prime Minister.

According to the book, it wasn't like this 16 years ago. Xing Long Emperor ruled justly and had a powerful Crown Prince. His Majesty was prepared to step down and be an Emeritus Emperor but then a disaster happened.

>興隆 - xīng lóng - prosperous - the title of the former Emperor<

The Crown Prince was trapped by a concubine and got killed with poison during their snu-snu moments! Truly a shame! The court blamed it on the Crown Princess for not managing the back palace well. One thing piled after another. And it led to her being given the poisoned cup of wine as punishment.

Xing Long Emperor was so forlorn during all of these that he acquired a disease and slowly died.

The prince that inherited the throne was the second prince whose wife was the Left Prime Minister Yao's daughter.

No one in court believed that the Prime Minister had no hand in this matter. However, they wouldn't make a fuss about it either.

But as luck would have it, the new Emperor that Prime Minister Yao carefully raised suddenly died a year after. It was said that the reason was a brain aneurysm.

The ministers only understood what happened when the next person who inherited the throne was the then five-year-old Crown Prince. Wu Emperor was soon betrothed to Prime Minister Yao's granddaughter who was twelve years old at the time.

This was totally insidious but no one had the gall to revolt because the court was already controlled by the Prime Minister at that point. It was useless so they all became subservient to the current rule.

This would lead us to the present where the Empress and Wan Li Wang were clashing.

Wan Li King was the grandchild of the Xing Long Emperor. The eldest son of the late Crown Prince. Wan Li Wang and his siblings were banished to the West as soon as the Xing Long Emperor perished. But who would have thought he would survive to this day and even grasp a powerful military power in his hand?

Junwang is the book's male lead. Feng Yanyan's one and only target.

The Prince was set to inherit his brother's title after King Wan Li took the throne. The siblings would revolt against the current dragon. It would seem like they would lose at first. Alas, Junwang would be spurred on by the death of his brother. He would win the highest seat in the world!