XVI.

━━ Ashton Irwin,June Sixth

━━ Ashton Irwin,
June Sixth. ━━

"She's going to stay here for another night, or two." I told her parents. "To see if her body is reacting well."

"Okay but that's it." Her mom demands. "Indigo has missed very important meetings over this."

"Right . . ." I raised an eyebrow, "I'll try."

"No," Her father interrupts me. "You will."

"You should go visit your daughter who is sitting in the hospital bed, recovering from a surgery." I shot at them, "I haven't seen you visit her. Anyways, Have a nice day."

I walked away before I got a response out of them, steam blowing from my ears. This poor teenage girl. She's not even seventeen yet, and she's had to learn to live on her own. This is awful.

I turn the corner and into Indigo's room, seeing her eyes on the TV with McDonalds sitting in front of her. She had a giant smile on her face.

About thirty minutes ago, I bought Indigo McDonald's from what she requested and she greatly appreciated it— and She seems to be happier now, which makes me happier since I haven't really seen a smile on her face much.

"Hey." I greeted her. She turns to make eye contact with me.

A grin takes over her face, "Hi, Ashton." She greets me happily. "Did you know they have Netflix here? Doesn't that shit cost money?"

"Yeah, but we're a high end hospital." I laughed softly, "How is the pain feeling?"

"Same as thirty minutes ago." She keeps the grin on her face, "Although I think the pain medicine is helping. It's more discomfort than pain, really."

"Most likely." I Agreed with her, "Alright Honey. Unfortunately, I have to go make my rounds. If you need something, Call the nurses and they'll help."

"Thank you." She says before taking a sip of her orange fanta. "I will. Do you know if my parents are going to visit?"

"I'm not sure." I truthfully say. "If you want, can I have someone find them?"

"No, It's fine," The grin slowly faded from her face and I felt my heart break into tiny pieces. "Go ahead and do your rounds. I'll be here."

"Alright." I nod slowly, "See you honey."

━━ Indigo Rose,
June sixth. ━━

I wait until he's away from my room to fall back onto my pillow.

I hate how much control my parents have over how happy I feel. It sucks because I have been so happy for the past hour and here I am, on the verge of tears because something didn't go my way.

Maybe I am a spoiled brat.

"Get it together, Indigo." I mumble to myself, wiping my tears as fast as I can and taking a deep breath. "You're being stupid."

Degrading myself like this whilst being sad isn't a very good coping mechanism, I know, but it makes me stop crying.

I just wish I could be happy for more than an hour.