She's One of The Guys

"Carter!" My best friend Roxie called.

I turned, letting the wind blow my blonde hair around my face.We were in the front of the school, about to get on the bus and leave. I'm 17 years old and my name is Carter Hollander. When I was 7 my parents died, leaving me to my dad's childhood friend, Walter Davidson and his wife Julia. My parents also left me with the 8 Davidson boys, Jake, Daniel, Adam, Mikey, Cole, Dylan, Jamie, and Aidan. Here's a little about the Davidson boys:

Jake: 18, senior in high school, player, football quarterback

Daniel: 23, just got out of college, lives with us with his girlfriend Jessica

Adam: 17, senior in high school, soccer player, volleyball player

Mikey: 15, freshman in high school, gay, volleyball player

Cole: 16, sophmore in high school, thinks he's a player

Dylan: 19, senior in high school, nerdy

Aidan: 14, freshman in high school, baseball player, loves video games and food

Jamie: 4, timed, nervous, and shy

"Carter!" Roxie yelled again. She was now running towards me, her dark brown hair was falling into her deeply tanned face and into her green eyes. I'm so jealous. Mine are blue.

"Yes, oh best friend of mine?" I asked her, as she approached, panting.

Pant-"I know something-" pant "-about the-"

She never got to finish because this new girl, who just moved from Switzerland, came up to us. She was kinda rude, if you ask me. But everyone thinks she's nice. Only me and Roxie know the truth.

"Hey, Cutter!" Amanda-that's her name- greeted cheerfully. Too cheerfully.

"Yeah, it's Carter." I said.

"That's what I said, Critter!"

"Oh, right, A man duh!" I said. I could play that game, if that's how she wanted it.

Amanda frowned, visibly angry about my little 'joke'. "Anyway, I just came to tell you that I'll see you at home."

"HUH?!" I exclaimed. What the hell?! WTF is she saying that she'll 'see me at home'?! "I don't live with you!"

"Uh huh. We'll see." And then she stalked off.

........................

"JULIA!" I screeched at the top of my lungs when I got home. I was pissed. Like literally. I would have probably punched Jamie, as harsh as that may sound, if he came up to me at the time. "JULIA!"

"I'm right here, hon." Julia said, coming out of the kitchen and into the hallway.  Julia was farely pretty. She had really pale skin, which probably came from her surviving breast cancer a few years ago. She had bouncy red curls, which I always had envied. She always had a gleam in her eye, but her eyes always drooped with sadness. She had given birth to a daughter, but she died during birth. So Julia and Walter adopted a little girl from a woman who had just given birth to her. But seven months after the adoption took place and they got the baby, the mother took her back.

"What's wrong?"  She asked, after seeing my face.

"Why did Amanda come up to me and say she's moving in with us?" I asked, still angry.

A look of confusion spread across Julia's face. "Who's Amanda?" she asked.

"A new girl who started last week. She's a total bitch. She said she was living with us."

"Well, hon I don't-" she was cut off by the phone ringing. She picked up the phone in mid-ring. "Hello? Uh hmm. Are you sure? Why? ...But you... I understand. Yes, honey. I do. Okay. Bye, love you." She hung up the phone and turned to me with a look of distain on her beautiful face.

"That was Walter." she told me.

I nodded, telling her to continue.

"He said his new boss has a daughter who needs somewhere to stay because him and his wife are moving back to their old town for a year. He told Walter that he'd be fired if he didn't take in his daughter. His daughter is 17 and her name is-"

"Amanda." I finished in a whisper.

tell me what you think :)

vote

comment

smile

belive

love

yeaj ;)