Prolog-The Move

Y/n Pov
It's been an interesting year in Hawkins Indiana. From fighting Demodogs to meeting a group of nerds and being introduced to a psychic girl. Anyways you probably want to know my story. So let's start from the beginning.

It was October 25th 1984. It was a cool afternoon and I was finishing packing the rest of my stuff for the big move. My Step-dad had gotten transfered to Hawkins Indiana for his job, so we had been packing for a few weeks. We had already purchased a house in a decent neighborhood over in Hawkins and we already sold our old house so that was taken care of.

"Hey Honey are you almost done packing?" My mom asked. "Almost mom, I just gotta pack a few more things, then I'll put them in the car." I replied back. "Okay Honey, try and finish packing we are going to leave in an hour!" She yelled. I quickly raced putting the rest of my stuff away in the boxes. I lifted my three boxes out my room and down the stairs and into my sisters van.

"Is that everything?" Mom asked me. "Yes mom, those were my last boxes I needed to put away." I told her. "Well you're going with your sister in her van and I am going with your dad in his car and we'll meat you there." Mom told me.

"Come on Shortstack we're losing daylight." My sister yelled from her van. "Okay I'm going!" I yelled back at her. I jumped in my sisters van and buckled up my seat belt. "Ready to go Shortstack?" She asked. "Ready." I said. "Be safe you two." Mom yelled from dads car. "We will!" sister yelled back at her. She started the engine and drove out of the drive way.

*Time Skip*

About two days later we arrived in Hawkins Indiana. "Wake up Shortstack we're here!" My sister yelled into my ear. "Looks like mom and dad haven't arrived yet." I said. "Well good thing mom gave me a copy of the house keys." She said. "Well we can start loading our stuff into the house while we wait for them to get here." She spoke.

I grabbed about four boxes from the back of my sisters van and carried them into the living room of the house. "Wow this house is very spacious!" Yelled my sister. The house was two stories with three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, a nice open livingroom, a decent sized kitchen and a medium sized basement with a decent sized backyard.

After looking around the house we went backout to her van and grabbed some more boxes to put inside. After an hour of doing this we decided to take a break.

"So are you excited to start school here, cause I know I'm not." She sighed. "I'm not sure about school but I'm definitely not excited to start or meet new people." I shrugged. "Well just remember Shortstack if anyone tries to bully you, I'll beat them up." She smirked. "Stacy and Y/n were here!" We heard someone yell. We both turned around and saw our dad and mom finally arrive.

"Did you guys get lost or something!" Stacy yelled at them. "Yeah, we got a little lost, we took a few wrong turns!" Yelled Dad. "Can you help us get the rest of the boxes down?" Mom shouted. "Yeah give us a minute!" I yelled back.

*Time Skop*

We worked on bringing the rest of the boxes and unpacking them for the rest of the afternoon until became early evening.

"Okay everyone we worked hard enough today and we will continue to unpack more tomorrow." Said Dad. Suddenly there was a knock at our door. "I'll get it!" Stacy yelled from down stairs I stopped what I was doing and ran down stairs to see who was at the door.