Chapter 5: Dr. Death

Looking around at the scene in front of him everyone running in panic. Swat, bomb teams, police everywhere. He could hear people on the phone with someone on the phone inside the building trying to talk whoever it is down. "What's going on?" He grabbed one of the doctors looking lost arm. "What do you mean what's going on the hospitals been hi-jacked." "What hospital?" Looking back he saw the building was the same one he woke up from after the crash. "Xavier! Hey man. Look we heard what happened." Ryder was next to him with his friends. "Is that Preston?" "Preston!" They all rushed to him as he was on a stretcher getting air. He looked to have some burns on him that'll heal. "Preston what happened?" Nix asked.

"Some other doctors and I were clearing the pediatric unit as fast as we could. It's where it all started you know. Anyway the guy with the gun says he has bomb but it's not in there it's in the garage the parking garage for the doctors. Then he fired a shot off except dumb ass doesn't remember the oxygen is on in that floor most of us doctors were able to get and save some kids from the fire. Some are still trapped in there. "I'm sorry Xavier Ari still in there he was dragging her by the hair back past the fire I couldn't get her I had three kids with me. I couldn't get her." Preston then past out." Xavier's heart froze.

He looked down to see his wedding band on his hand. "FUCK!!" Rushing to the building getting stopped as he saw the stretchers pulling people out and a crazy man screaming in the custody of officers. "I DID EVERYTHING! I DID EVERYTHING THEY TOLD ME TO DO! THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD HELP HIM! THEY WOULD HELP MY SON! THEY KILLED HIM! THEY KILLED MY SON!! The man kept screaming. Looking up to see a body on a stretcher he saw Arabella. Running over to her as fast as he could as people trying to stop him. "THAT'S MY WIFE! MOVE OR I'LL MOVE YOU!" Xavier snapped to the man as he moved out of his way. "Ari are you alright what the hell happened?" Xavier asked with tears in his eyes looking down at her. The burns, the bullet holes, the bruises. Her wrist was broken. Her leg so broke it would need to be reset.

"There was a man who finally got his son a heart from the transplant list. The heart didn't take we gave instructions on what to do. He came back for another heart. The doctor on hand was drunk he ended up puncturing both hearts in an a non-fixable way the boy bled to death on bypass we couldn't keep him or take him off. The bleeding could not get under control. Apparently this doctor has been drunk on he last twenty-seven surgeries. He has killed over half of them and since his family is a respectable name they decided to over look it. The father was angry and wanted life for a life so he took many. SO MANY! Babe I hurts."

"I know baby. I know we going to get you help." "Sir please move she's running out of time. The paramedic shut the door on him. Looking at the door. His phone went off stopped ringing he noticed the date. Coming into the other hospital his parents mixed up with another older couple freaking out with them. "Son they tried, they tried so hard. They aren't sure if." His dad is choking on his words. When the doctor came out with a look of regret on his face Xavier's felt like a huge ball was stuck in his throat. Falling to the ground eyes not leaving the doctors. Noticing the same man from the corner of the gala in the back corner behind the doctor. Just starring straight at him with a plain look on his face.

Waking up in a panic looking around the room. He did everything he could to calm himself down to level his breathing which felt like forever. Immediately going to his phone and pressing the call button. 'Hey, I didn't expect to hear from you today?' 'Preston I need you to look up a family and a doctor in your hospital and tell me if they are actually patients there.' Xavier choked up a little bit. 'Ok, go ahead and give me the details and I'll call you back.' Xavier gave him three patients one who has dead already, one who will today and tomorrow, the gun man and the drunk serial killing doctor. After explaining details of the surgeries needed Preston stomach dropped a bit. Xavier told him about his dream after Preston went through the data base of the O.R appointments and patient details. 'Xavier I got to go if we got a chance to stop this I need to be in the O.R observation to catch him in the act. Thanks for the heads-up man.' Hanging up quickly Xavier felt a huge pull on his heart and knew he won' be able to rest until that man was no longer allowed to use a scalpel.