Saving the girl :(sequel to why didn't the wolf kill me?):

So this is the sequel that i said I'd right I'm gonna start with a recap of the last book so enjoy :D

____________________________________________________________________________

(Recap of why didn't the wolf kill me? ending)

Eve and Rick found out they were true mates meaning eve was now a werewolf to and Dan was turned to a vampire in denial, they were trying to work out who the girl was and found her only to loose her again on the last chapter of why didn't the wolf kill me? the only clues they have are a small box containing a locket with the girl picture in, and a note from the 'kidnappers' with a print of blood

(sorry i'm really bad at explanations so if you want to catch up you'll have to read the last book :()

I took a deep breath trying to soak in my surroundings, I had been stood at here for an hour nearly but someone I couldn't bring myself to turn away, I was too deep in thought about everything that had happened. How could we have lost Crystal so easily they took her right from under our noses yet we decided to ignore there presence. I let my head fall down in shame.

I felt to arms hug me from behind I didn't need to look at the owner to know who they belonged to. I turned around to see Rick's smiling face, I smiled back at him though it faltered a little, I was still too worried about Crystal, who knows what they could use her for.

I have seen the power she has and because of us they now have her, whoever 'they' is. I intend on getting her back we all do really but Dan has to stay chained to his bed we all know what he's capable of and I do not want a remake of what he did to Olivia.

"It's not your fault", Rick said suddenly, disrupting me from my thoughts, I gave him a bewildered expression at his sudden out burst "what?, he looked at me and smiled before replying "you couldn't have done anything to stop it, none of us could have they were too sneaky if they hadn't got her that night then you can bet that they would get her another", what he had said actually made sense I nodded at him and he smiled before kissing me on the top of the head and going back inside, I took in another breath before shifting, I'm gonna seriously gonna have to start making my own clothes with how many the wolf is ripping, and running off into the woods I needed time to think and clear my head a little bit.

I ran to the cliff edge Rick had shown me, he was right it really did make you feel better and it was the best place to go when you needed time to think. I felt like doing something that sounded really cheesy but had always wanted to do since I became a werewolf.

I stood at the edge of the cliff and tilted my head back letting a howl rumble through my throat, when I stopped the echo filled the woods after 5 minutes I heard another howl in the distance I laughed a little in my head I guess that is how wolves communicate.

As if it were contagious I heard another howl and another after that one it was like chain mail, I grinned, I wonder if wolves could actually do that, and let out another howl but a lot more powerful this time.

I finally understand why they howl, it lets out all your problems like when a human screams, it also lets everyone else know you're there and tell them they're not alone. It was getting late so I ran back toward the house.

When I reached the door I thought I better not change back the wolf would force itself out when the moon rises anyway so what would be the point with only an hour until moon rise? I nudged the door open and casually strolled into the living room, everyone seemed okay with it like it was an everyday thing, because it practically was but it still seemed to confuse me how it didn't bother them that a 5 foot wolf had just walked into the living room because if it were me I'd be pretty terrified.

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to Rick, he started petting my head out of instinct and I let a purr rumble from my chest involuntary.

If wolves could blush I'd look like a tomato right now, but luckily they can't so I have my embarrassment well hidden. I looked toward the clock just 10 minutes until his involuntary shift, wow I've said the word involuntary a lot.

He smiled at my and went upstairs to get ready for the shift, I listened to everybody as they got into a discussion on who'd win in a fight, a caveman or a spaceman, they weren't aloud any weapons either, I personally think the caveman would win but it appears that Cindy and Zach think differently about that.

I heard the sound of paws thudding down the stairs and saw Ricks black wolf, I smiled which I seemed to be doing a lot of lately and turned to look at everyone, Olivia seemed to be deep in thought about something then her eyes lit up.

I looked at her curiously as she approached me "ermm... Eve you know because you're a wolf and really strong so you would be able to carry things, well... I was just wondering if maybe you'd let me ride on either yours or Ricks back because I did just nearly die an..", she continued to ramble on as I tried not to laugh because I don't think it would sound right really.

I then lowered my back and her eyes lit up in excitement, I would have let Rick do this but I don't like the thought of another girl touching him.

She sat on me as if I were a horse and murmured a 'thank you' before me, Rick and her headed for the wood 'she's closing her eyes' Rick said to me telepathically and I laughed to him, I heard a gunshot in the distance and out of animal curiosity I ran in the direction, I knew it wasn't the best of ideas I was just curious. I peered out through the bushes to see a hunter, wow I didn't even know there were any around here.

I stepped back deciding it too dangerous to investigate but a twig snapped and the gun fired in this direction, it didn't hit me but got Olivia instead straight through the heart, she looked at me for a few seconds before falling from my back, I shifted with tears in my eyes, trying to stop the blood pouring from the wound but it was no use the wound was too deep, I saw that light flash in her eyes once more before I was whacked across the head and the world went black.

________________________________________________________________________

So that's the first chapter please vote or comment or not it's up to you, btw the front cover will be changed each chapter to a character today's character is Eve :) x