21

Forty-eight hours, that's the amount of time that's passed by since the events that took place in the clearing.

Naomi and Jane held onto eachother, scared to be away from the other in fear of losing another sibling, the short haired vampire had even insisted on jayson, Khalil, Bella, and Edward staying in her room with her.

The days were long and slow, spent with Naomi keeping tabs on nearly every vampire in the castle, wanting everyone to be okay— needing everyone to be okay.

The nights were spent with her holding onto Jane, onto her loved ones, a silent promise in her mind to always protect them. To never allow such tragedy again.

On the fourth day, Naomi left her room.

Short hair tied back into a half up, half down hairstyle and donning black leather pants and a simple tank top, Naomi made her way outside, into the secondary garden. Her Alec and Jane used to frequently come here.

While the kings were in court, the queen was with the twins.

She looked at the mass of vines and roses covering the area in a mess of beautiful color and felt her eyes water. But she squeezed her eyes shut, until the vision behind her lids tinted white and she knew no tears would threaten her state.

She got to work.

On the fifth day— Naomi helped Jane get ready, dressed in a cute black dress with a lacy floral covering, a black umbrella to cover the unyielding rays of sun. And she held her hand as she walked her toward the garden where the higher ranked guard, the kings, and the Cullen coven waited.

Jane looked confusedly up at her queen, sister. Muddy red eyes shining with venom as she looked around once more at the decorum.

It was beautiful.

Alec favorite things filled the already beautiful room and made it look like something pulled straight from a fantasy novel, the unique red color of his favorite flower was spread across the garden, the beautiful black and orange butterfly he'd always smile at despite stubbornly insisting he didn't like the insects.

And in the middle of the area, on a beautiful golden slab stood a golden statue of Alec, he stood in his guard clothes, a serious look on his face but the corner of his mouth tilting up into a hidden smile which he often did around his sisters.

''Alec volturi; one of the strongest and most noble warriors to ever exist, he will forever live on in the minds of others, his existence was beautiful, and while cut short, he will never be forgotten."

The silver tag across the slab read.

Naomi smiled softly at Jane and nodded at Jayson who grinned in return, in a flash of brilliant color images begun to fill everyone's mind, memories.

The time Alec walked in on Jayson and Naomi dressed up as eachother, dancing to a song by lady Gaga, he'd turned to leave but was pulled into the ridiculous dancing by the pair. That's how Jane found them a few minutes later, her laughter at her brothers predicament light and joyful.

The time they went into the common room, all grabbing a controller and opening a hardcore Minecraft server, the cheer of absolute joy that escaped the mana lips after they beat the dragon, him jumping up, hands shooting to the skies as he basked in his victory.

The time Naomi snuck Kallista into her room, fast food bags and weed sitting menacingly on the table as she closed and locked the door. Alec and Jane inevitably getting high and pigging out, their matching hazel eyes shining with happiness.

The memories continued, Jane holding a hand over her mouth to hide her watery smile.

Naomi stepped forward, brushing her hand against the kings in silent thanks for allowing this to happen.