Nineteen // First Day of Spring Break.

{Louis' POV}

"I'm already getting nervous, look I'm shaking!" I raise my arm halfway in front of me, staring at it in bewilderment as I waited for Zayn inspect it. We were on our way to Niall's flat in Zayn's car and it was already 1 in the afternoon.

"Lou, we haven't even seen Harry yet and you're already this nervous?" He said in surprise, glancing at my arm once before focusing back on the road.

"That's exactly the point. It's only been a couple days since I last saw him too." I defend myself, but it didn't do much good.

Zayn grunted, amused. "Just a couple of days.. That my friend, is a sure sign you've fallen for him."

I sigh, a bit in a lovestruck state, shrinking down in my seat. "I know."

We finally reached the familiar neighborhood of Niall's and pulled up in front of his lovely abode. I took a deep breath and found Zayn's brown eyes looking back at me, mentally telling me not to worry. He gave me a hopeful smile, unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of his side, as I did the same. While he locked his doors and joined me, walking toward the porch, I abruptly stopped in my tracks which blocking Zayn's way.

"Do I even look decent? Do I smell good? Does my hair look messy, too messy or what?" I turn toward him and rambled on, complaining about my appearance to my best mate, who exhaled before stepping closer to me to adjust my beanie and dusting off my shirt for any lint particles, assuring me that I looked perfectly fine.

"You look great. Harry has a good taste in men, and I sure do have good taste in best friends as well." He smirks, fixing my hair to perfect it more. He then held my shoulders and looked directly in my eyes.

"Don't worry so much Louis. Everything is going to work out. I promise." He flashed me a smile, and his grin grew even wider at the sight in front of him, past me. Before I had time to react and turn myself back around, an overly excited Harry charged in my direction, with his curls bouncing around and in a split second he had tackled me into the luscious green lawn.

I brushed off the short pain that followed falling onto the ground with the younger boy hovering over me and let out a small chuckle.

"Whoa curly, what's gotten in to you?" Liam, Zayn and Niall's laughter filtered the background, as I was oblivious to everything and everyone else except Harry. I found myself with a bigger smile than I could handle.

"Just happy to see you." The younger brunette's eyes melted into mine, as so did his words warmed my heart right up. We stayed like that for a few seconds before he finally decide to get off me and lend me a hand. I accepted it, and kept my grip firm upon his hand. I felt an odd, empty feeling on my head, and frantically felt the top of my head, letting go of Harry.

"What the hell? Where's my..." I looked around, darting my eyes everywhere. Harry turned around, and starting whistling. I immediately stopped freaking out as I caught a glimpse of the familiar grey color, trapped within Harry's large hands, holding my beanie behind his back.

"Race you lads inside!" He taunted us childishly and noticeably winked at me before prancing toward and into the flat. I shake my head, glance back at the rest of the lads, them grinning ear to ear at me. I turned away and followed Harry's tracks, hoping they didn't see my cheeks flush bright red.

We spent the rest of the day playing endless games of football in the backyard, and the occasional wrestling and silly, irrelevant arguments toward each other until the sun decided to set for the day.

"Looks like the sun is going down, lads. We better make our way to the park." Liam stopped our current game to a halt, dribbling the ball with his own feet back toward the flat. Always Liam to take control like he's the father of all of us, ruining the fun when it just got interesting.