Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

   The next morning - no, scratch that, afternoon - I woke up with a killer headache and I had no memory of the night before. I felt the urge for a shower, suddenly. I swung my legs out of bed and, as I stepped onto the floor, I felt an awful pain and felt to the floor yelling 'Owwww!'

Olly came into my room, his room was opposite mine, and said "Oh my god. You could've called me and I would've helped you."

"Why would I need help?" I asked as he helped me up off of the floor.

"Because you sprained your ankle last night."

"Did I? Oh, when'd that happen?"

"Last night." Olly sighed.

"I knew that."

"Sure you did. Do you want anything getting?"

"A shower and some aspirin."

"I think today's a bath day."

"Good point. Though I still want my aspirin, my head's killin'."

"Alright, I'll be back in a minute."

   While Olly was gone, I called Addi. She came in and asked why I didn't just walk down the hall to her. "Because I sprained my ankle - apparently." I said, pointing to my swollen blue-purple ankle. She ooooohed and said that it looked really painful. "Well, what did you think that huge 'ow' and the crashing noise were? I fell out of bed, heading for the shower and some aspirin." Olly walked in and handed me a glass of water and handed me a couple of aspirin. I thanked him and swallowed the pills with a few gulps of water. "Can someone run a bath for me, please? As Olly, so smartly, pointed out, a shower is out of the question."

"Sure." Olly said "You can tell Addi what happened while I'm on it." He headed out of the room and Addi sat next to me on the bed.

"So, spill." Addi said.

   "Who did you go out with?" Addi asked.

"Henry." I replied.

"Henry who?"

"Toll."

"Henry Toll, as in, hairdresser Henry?"

"Mmm hmm." I said, nodding and scooting away from her, slowly.

"And you didn't tell me?!" She said, acting hurt that I didn't confide in her.

"No."

"Awww. Well, good for you, gettin' out there again. And Henry is a wonderful guy. So, where did you go?"

"I dunno', can't remember, some club in town."

"How drunk did you get?"

"I'm not sure. Henry said it was four drinks but I swear it was three."

"Yes, and you were also drunk. I'd trust Henry's answer."

"Point taken."

"So, how did you sprain your ankle?"

"I don't know. Olly knows, I think, ask him."

"Will do. Did you have fun?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I did."

"Well, I'm glad."

"Bath's nearly done. Do you want me to carry you in?" Olly said, bursting through the door. I nodded.

"Addi, grab me an outfit please." I said while Olly lifted me up.

   I was so grateful to Olly. He'd put tons of bubbles in, turned the radio on, put a warm, fluffy towel on the radiator and put a glass of orange juice in there for me. Addi knocked on the door. "Can I come in? I've got your clothes."

"Yep." I replied, observing my ankle. Addi walked in and put my clothes on top of the washing basket. I slid out of last nights outfit, my back turned to Addi, and hopped to the bath.

"Do you know how much of an idiot you look like?" Addi said, giggling.

"Well, so-rry. I can't put any weight on my ankle." I replied.

"None at all?"

"No."

"You need to go to the hospital to get it checked out."

"Later."

"Are you sure?"

"Can I not enjoy a nice bath?"

"Whatever."

"Thank you."

"Well, when you're ready I'll drive you to the hospital, okay?"

"Thanks."

   When Addi had left the bathroom, I stayed in the bath for about three quarters of an hour. When I got out of the bath - how, I don't know - I dried, dressed and called Olly into the bathroom. He carried me into my room and sat me on my dresser. I dried and styled my hair and put on my make up. After, Olly carried me down the stairs and Addi drove the three of us to the hospital.