127. a sense of normality

LOVE + WAR

cxxvii||a sense of normality

Something that Maria Potter has learned never to take for granted are the moments when her life actually seems normal. Sure, living as a witch in the 1970s came with rarely any dull moments, however now more than ever she really appreciates the normality of waking up beside her boyfriend with the sun beaming through the thin curtains.

Being awake before him was always a privilege because she got to see him lay peacefully when she turned behind her where he's lay with his forehead resting against her shoulder blades. His right arm is slung over her waist and his large hand rests on the now small bump of her stomach.

October approaches rapidly, the past few months being oddly peaceful for the group of young adults who are simply trying to lead normal lives in the midst of a war zone.

As though sensing that Maria was awake, she feels Regulus shift behind her before feeling his lips softly against her upper spine. A smile forms on her lips as he moves his gentle kisses up the back of her neck before carefully nipping her ear and she sighs, turning over to face him.

"Hi." Regulus greets, his eyes looking tired and dazed as he pulls her closer by the waist. She grins as he rolls them over so she's sat on top of him, raising her eyebrows.

"Am I getting heavy?" Maria suddenly asks and Regulus frowns, tapping his fingers rhythmically against her thighs where his hands rest. She's examining her bare stomach that's slightly swollen and he scoffs with a grin. "What?"

"You're pregnant, Ria." Regulus states, trying to fight the grin that's pushing its way onto his face by simply being able to say those words. "Cut yourself some slack."

"So I am?" She raises her eyebrows, placing a hand on her chest in mocked offence.

"You're perfect." Regulus shakes his head, looking up at her in his own lovestruck daze and she rolls her eyes at him, leaning down to kiss his forehead before clambering off to brush her teeth. "Ria!" He groans, dragging out the last syllable of her nickname.

  "Regulus." Maria calls back, mocking him. "You know that everyone's coming round tonight. And it's already the afternoon."

  "Tell them were busy."

  "Regulus, we can't." Maria rolls her eyes, her words muffled slightly by the toothbrush in her mouth. "We already cancelled last weekend because you were sick."

  "I was!" Regulus scoffs, dramatically bursting the door of the bathroom open and she looks at him strangely. "You know everyone's drinking." He teases, beginning to brush his teeth and she shoots him a glare. "Are you? Oh wait, you can't."