Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

   At five to seven, I was just putting on some lip gloss when I heard a knock at the front door. I grabbed my shoes and bag and went downstairs to answer the door. "Heya." I said when I opened the door to find Henry.

He smiled at me and said "Hi. Ready to go?"

"Well, I would like to go out in shoes." I said, waving my heels in the air. I sat on the stairs and slipped my heels on.

Then, I stood up and walked out of the door, shouting "Don't wait up!" over my shoulder. We got a taxi to some club in town. Henry got the drinks and we went to the sofas in the corner, out of the way, and sat and talked.

   After three drinks, at least I think it was three, I was a little...unlike myself. I was leaning against Henry and his arm was wrapped around me. "S...so...umm, I was all, umm, all sad ab...abrouth my dad, 'cos 'cos 'e did un...un ev'ryfin...then he goes 'un dumps me. I mean, come on, I'm gr...griev...griething and he dumps me. How insen...insensitife is that?" I slur and start crying. You see, I'm one of those people that cries when they're drunk.

"Come 'ere." Henry says and hugs me. "I think it's time we got you home." He continued and then stood up. He then helped me up and we walked back to my house, me stumbling about in my heels. As we went to cross the road, my heel got caught on the curb. The heel snapped off and foot landed awkwardly, causing me to fall over. "Owwww!" I moaned, grabbing my ankle.

"Are you okay?" Henry asks, bending down and trying to help me up. As I stood up, I couldn't put weight on my foot. "Hold onto my shoulder." Henry said as he knealed down to exmaine my ankle. "Rotate your ankle." He said. I tried to turn my ankle but felt pain.

"Ow." He then placed his hand on my ankle and his hands were freezing. "Bugger, your hands are cold." I say.

"No. Your ankle is boiling. I think you've sprained it. Can you walk at all or do you need a hand?" I tried to take a couple of steps but stumbled into his arms. "Come 'ere, I'll carry you." Henry picked me up and I slung my arms around his neck. As we walked home, I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you." I said.

"It's fine." He replied, smiling. After a while, I fell asleep in his arms.

   I woke up to find myself being passed to Olly. I looked around confused. "It's alright, Kat, you're home." Olly said. Olly shifted my weight in his arms and walked into the lounge. He set me on the sofa and Henry came and sat down next to me.

"How's your ankle?" Henry asked.

"Ummm, very...errrr...ankle...worfy." I slurred, standing up to go get a glass of water. My leg gave way and I fell backwards. I found I was on Henry's lap. I giggled before moaning in pain. Olly came back into the room with an ice pack and a tea towel. Henry repositioned me so I was laying down and put a bundle of pillows under my ankle to elevate it. I winced as he lifted my leg onto the pillows. Olly then wrapped the ice pack in the tea towel and placed it on my ankle. Henry and Olly sat on the other sofa and I looked over and said "Why does my ankle hurt?"

Henry went into the hallway and came back in with my shoes in his hand. I looked at him, waiting for him to explain. "After you had, like, four drinks you got a bit...tipsy. We were walking home and then, as we went to cross the road, you fell - I think your heel got caught on the curb. And I'm pretty sure you twisted your ankle."

"Oh." I said, glugging the water down.

"Yeah, oh." Olly said, raising his eye brows.

   After downing several glasses of water, taking off the ice and talking between the three of us, I said "Soooooo, who's gonna' carry me upstairs?"

Henry and Olly looked between each other, shrugged and said "I don't mind."

I smiled and said "Okay, flip a coin. We're not gonna' get anywhere with the two of you shrugging, looking at each other and saying about how you don't mind." Henry pulled a coin, flipped it and said "Heads or tails?" to Olly.

"Heads." Olly replied.

Henry lifted his hand to reveal the coin and said "I'm takin' 'er up." We all shrugged our shoulders and Henry stood up and walked over to me. He picked me up and I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my head against his chest. "Which room?" Henry asked.

"Second floor - sorry about that - third door on the left. It's got a ton of posters on it." I said and started to fall asleep.

   When we arrived at my room, Henry opened the door with his foot (luckily, I'd left the door ajar), walked in and placed me on my bed.He grabbed a few pillows and wedged them at the foot end of the bed. I fell into place and went straight to sleep. Henry pulled the duvet over me and kissed me on the cheek."'Night." I heard him whisper. I was off like a light bulb.